NEW YORK, Jan. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- WW (Weight Watchers reimagined) (NASDAQ: WTW) today introduces new WW Fresh™ quick-prep meals, which are chef-inspired, nutritionist-approved and ready-to-eat in 10 minutes or less, currently rolling out at more than 200 Hy-Vee grocery store locations across the Midwest.
The new line of meals provides today's busy consumer with enjoyable and satisfying meals that help them to maintain a healthy lifestyle and are simple to prepare.
"People are looking for nutritious meals that they can put together quickly at home, work or even on-the-go," said Stacey Mowbray, President of North America at WW. "Our WW Fresh meals feature quality ingredients inspired by WW Freestyle™, our most livable and effective program ever, making it easier than ever to enjoy delicious meals without spending time prepping and cooking."
WW Fresh meals serve two people and range in price from $14 to $20. With all ingredients pre-prepped and proteins pre-cooked, meals are ready in three simple steps: combine, heat, and enjoy. The following six meals are rolling out at Hy-Vee grocery stores now:
- Beef Baja Bowl with Fire-Roasted Corn and Black Beans: Mexican flavors define this beef and veggie-loaded dish with green and red peppers, beans, onions, and corn topped with pico de gallo and crispy tortilla strips. (6 SmartPoints® value per serving)
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Roasted Chipotle Sauce and Pineapple Slaw: With a roasted-chipotle sauce as well as a lime salsa, these chicken tacos have just the right amount of kick. Enjoy them with the sweet slaw on the side or loaded into the tacos for crunch. (5 SmartPoints value per serving)
- Two-Cheese Butternut Squash Rotini with Bread Crumbs: A healthier version of mac-n-cheese with butternut squash, cheddar, parmesan, and a crispy panko bread crumb topping. (12 SmartPoints® value per serving)
- Dragon Bowl with Thai Peanut Sauce: A hearty vegan meal packed with nutritious ingredients—quinoa, butternut squash, and baby broccoli—and dressed up with a bold and flavorful spicy-sweet peanut sauce and a spritz of lime. (8 SmartPoints value per serving)
- Creamy Cavatappi with Parmesan, Chicken and Mushrooms: Rich like classic pasta Alfredo, this dish adds chicken breast, earthy mushrooms and asparagus to the mix. (7 SmartPoints value per serving)
- Lemon, Chicken & Kale Salad with Parmesan and Almonds: This dinner salad starts with greens and layers in chicken, cherry tomatoes and carrots. Honey-lemon dressing, parmesan and almonds are the finishing touches. (7 SmartPoints value per serving)
"We believe WW Fresh will really stand out in the market," said Ryan Nathan, Vice President of WW Fresh at WW. "Curated by WW, the new quick-prep meals are nourishing, convenient options for anyone looking to pick up a meal on the way home and enjoy a home-cooked dish, ready and on the table in minutes."
WW Fresh quick-prep meals were developed in collaboration with fresh food industry innovator, FreshRealm, and are backed by the WW Freestyle program, which is proven to help you lose weight, sleep more, and feel happier.
Alongside a new partnership with Blue Apron to deliver Freestyle meal experiences directly to people's homes, the WW Fresh meals give consumers looking to maintain a healthier lifestyle access to delicious and convenient options at grocery; both products are components of the WW Healthy Kitchen™ portfolio, designed to make healthy cooking and eating much simpler, easier, and joyful for all.
For more information on WW Fresh meals and where you can currently purchase the products, visit www.wwfresh.com.
For more information about WW, visit www.ww.com.
WW is a global wellness company and the world's leading commercial weight management program. We inspire millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. Through our engaging digital experience and face-to-face group workshops, members follow our livable and sustainable program that encompasses healthy eating, physical activity, and a positive mindset. With more than five decades of experience in building communities and our deep expertise in behavioral science, we aim to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about the WW approach to healthy living, please visit ww.com. For more information about our global business, visit our corporate website at corporate.ww.com.
This news release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based on management's current expectations and beliefs, as well as a number of assumptions concerning future events. These statements are subject to risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other important factors. Readers are cautioned not to put undue reliance on such forward-looking statements because actual results may vary materially from those expressed or implied. The reports filed by the Company pursuant to United States securities laws contain discussions of these risks and uncertainties. The Company assumes no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any obligation to, update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Readers are advised to review the Company's filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (which are available on the SEC's EDGAR database at www.sec.gov and via the Company's website at corporate.ww.com).
 Six-month pre-post study on 152 participants, conducted by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Weight Research Lab. Study funded by Weight Watchers. Sleep data and happiness data reported by trial participants after 6 months on WW Freestyle based on the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index and the Oxford Happiness Questionnaire.
For more information, contact:
Brooke Theiss, WW