SANTA MONICA, Calif., Aug. 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- This August, WWDMAGIC, a subsidiary of UBM Fashion Group and the largest showcase of women's apparel and accessories in the industry, will reveal an exciting show lineup filled with entertainment and interactive activations. The show – taking place August 14-16, 2017 at the Las Vegas Convention Center – will offer a modern concept complete with some of the most noteworthy names in women's apparel and accessories.
"We're excited for all the upcoming August show has to offer," said Kelly Helfman, Vice President of WWDMAGIC. "We have several amazing new brands debuting their lines for the first time at the show as well as some educational panels led by industry experts. We want the WWDMAGIC experience to inspire attendees and exhibitors, so that industry innovations will extend beyond our walls," she added.
A HOLLYWOOD AFFAIR
Several notable names from Hollywood will make their way to the WWDMAGIC show floor.
- Actress and Warner Brothers recording artist, Laura Marano of Disney's international hit, Austin & Ally, has teamed up with Brand Headquarters on a collaboration with Not Rated Footwear. To launch the Spring 2018 collection of Laura Marano by Not Rated, she will be performing at WWDMAGIC, followed by a meet & greet. Tuesday, August 15th at 3pm, booth #72309.
- Vanderpump Rules star, James Kennedy will be launching his line of Kate Mesta Dog Tags. Kate Mesta Brand is most famous for their official military dog tag jewelry. Meet the DJ and star on August 15th from 2-5pm, booth #75046.
- Emmy-award winning Mad Men and The Last Tycoon costume designer, Janie Bryant, will also make an appearance. She'll participate on a panel titled, "Vintage: The New Black" inside the WWD Social House followed by a meet and greet to launch her capsule collection with Unique Vintage on Monday, August 14th. The meet and greet will begin at 12:30pm inside the Unique Vintage booth (#76102).
ONES TO WATCH
The emerging designer showcase is back!
- WWDMAGIC will bring back its well-loved 'Emerging Designer' showcase featuring a group of hand-selected up-and-comers. Participating brands include: 2WN, Day & Night, Hers & Mine, Million Bullpup, Style Rack, Simona Maghen and Moh Love.
- A destination for the latest talent, WWDMAGIC will also welcome the following brands to the show floor for the first time: Dream Scene, Naked Zebra, June & Hudson, NA-KD, Astr and Articles of Society.
SOCIAL HOUSE EDUCATIONAL PANELS
Head to the WWD Social House (Booth #73024) for several educational panels led by industry experts. Panels will cover hot topics in retail, marketing, digital and trends. A few include:
Vintage: The New Black
- On Monday, August 14th at 11:30am, we'll talk through trends in fashion and how they always seem to come back. Our influencers will be joined by Emmy Award Winning Costume Designer Janie Bryant for a discussion on vintage fashion and how to incorporate unique pieces into everyday style to update your wardrobe.
Instagram: It's More than Just Posting a Photo
- On Tuesday, August 15th at 10:30am, we'll evaluate how the social network has changed from inception; and what it means to be an "influencer" on it. How do we capitalize on the different parts of the app (live, stories, posts, albums) as a brand and utilize each aspect of the app to our advantage?
- We'll talk with fashion influencers who live in this space to see what type of content their followers respond to the most, ways in which they use each vertical of the app and how you as a brand and retailer can use them too.
WWD PRESENTS: You Know What I Think? With Alex Badia
- WWD Style Director, Alex Badia is back! For many seasons, Alex has voiced his opinions on the latest women's fashion trends alongside fellow fashion influencers like Joe Zee and Christopher Kim of Yahoo Style.
- On Tuesday, August 15th at 12pm, get ready for another edition of an all-out "Alex Badia Fashion Fest" as he brings us up to speed on what's hot—and even better, what's not—for the upcoming season.
OPENING NIGHT PARTY
Industry leaders will meet at WWDMAGIC's cocktail reception from 5pm to 6pm on August 14th. Co-sponsored by the Fashion Scholarship Fund, enjoy a preliminary cocktail here before taking a golf cart over to FN PLATFORM's Opening Night Party, with performances by classic rock legends.
DJ Quiana Parks and DJ Millie are back to spin the latest beats and set the tone for the show's 3-days. Located in the new village green, this new and improved area will also feature connect lounges and a concierge.
UBM Fashion Group and Fashion Snoops have partnered up to provide retailers and exhibitors with the latest trends. Fashion Snoops will showcase its trend display on the WWDMAGIC show floor.
WWDMAGIC brings you the largest selection of women's apparel and accessories in the industry. The latest women's and juniors' trends, the most-wanted brands and the hottest emerging designers —they're all happening on our vibrant show floor. It's a can't-miss shopping experience complete with upbeat music, undeniable beauty, and of course, style.
About UBM Americas
UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc, delivers events and marketing services in the fashion, technology, licensing, advanced manufacturing, automotive and powersports, healthcare, veterinary and pharmaceutical industries, among others. Through a range of aligned interactive environments, both physical and digital, UBM Americas increases business effectiveness for customers and audiences through meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. The division also includes UBM Brazil's market leading events in construction, cargo transportation, logistics & international trade, and agricultural production; and UBM Mexico's, construction, advanced manufacturing and hospitality services shows. For more information, visit: www.ubmamericas.com.