SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ : XLNX ) today announced it will showcase reconfigurable storage acceleration solutions at the Flash Memory Summit 2017. Through a series of presentations and demonstrations, Xilinx and its ecosystem will spotlight high-performance storage solutions for use in current and next-generation enterprise and data center applications. Debuting at this year's event, the Xilinx® NVMe-over-Fabrics reference design provides designers a flexible platform to enable scalable storage solutions and integrate custom acceleration functions into their storage arrays. This reference design eliminates the need for a dedicated x86 processor or an external NIC, thus creating a highly integrated, reliable and cost-effective solution. To learn about this solution and more, visit Xilinx at booth #126, August 8-10, 2017 at the Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, California.
Thursday, August 10:
- 10:15-10:30AM: Reconfigurable Storage Acceleration for Next Generation NVMe Platforms by Rakesh Cheerla, Product Manager, Xilinx
- 1:30-4:15PM: Using FPGAs to Accelerate NVMe-over-Fabric Based Storage Networks by Deboleena Minz Sakalley, Senior Staff Design Engineer, Xilinx
- 1:30-2:45PM: Accelerating Data Analytics Using FPGAs and an Integrated Flash Storage by HK Verma, Principal Engineer, Xilinx
Xilinx Booth Demonstrations
- NVMe-over-Fabric PlatformThe Xilinx single-chip storage solution integrates NVMe-over-Fabric and target RDMA offloads with a processing subsystem to provide a very power-efficient and low-latency solution compared to existing products that require both an external host chip and a Network Interface Card (NIC). This 2x100Gb Ethernet platform enables customers to implement value-added storage workload acceleration, such as compression and erasure code.
- Computational Storage Subsystem for Data-Driven ApplicationsScaleFlux Computational Storage Subsystem (CSS) uniquely solves both compute and storage I/O bottlenecks. CSS compression accelerates throughput by an order-of-magnitude without the costly CPU overhead incurred by software solutions, resulting in optimal storage capacity utilization without performance compromises.
- Programmable Controller for Multi-Source FlashBurlywood's TrueFlash modular controller architecture accelerates time-to-market for new NAND adoption while delivering disruptive cost and performance benefits to cloud, all-flash-array, and hyper-converged OEM customers. Built on Xilinx® UltraScale+™ FPGAs, TrueFlash takes advantage of the power, performance and cost improvements of Xilinx devices. TrueFlash enables customers to quickly optimize the solution to their workload, and to qualify multiple NAND types with the same controller.
Demonstrations by Xilinx Ecosystem
The following Xilinx ecosystem companies will showcase a Xilinx technology-based demonstration in their FMS booth:
- Everspin Technologies: Booth #319
- IntelliProp, Inc.: Booth #821
- IP-Maker: Booth #717
- Kazan Networks: Booth #702
- MobiVeil: Booth #610
- PLDA: Booth #826
- Smart IOPs: Booth #609
Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable semiconductor products, including FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs, RFSoCs, and 3D ICs. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software defined and hardware optimized – powering industry advancements in Cloud Computing, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, and Industrial IoT. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
© Copyright 2017 Xilinx, Inc. Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Vivado, Zynq, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Xilinx, Inc.