NEW YORK, Nov. 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- XL Catlin's Cyber & Technology insurance business just launched a new online resource – CyberRiskIQ.com, providing clients with easily accessible support for cybersecurity readiness and incident response services.
"Cyber threats and data breaches are continuing to increase in both magnitude and sophistication. Industry and world leaders are calling upon company executives and governing boards to make cybersecurity a top priority. As a result, our clients need to be prepared to respond to the latest threats and more importantly, have the resources to help them successfully navigate potentially catastrophic circumstances," according to John Coletti, Chief Underwriting Officer for XL Catlin's Cyber & Technology group in North America. "That's why we're committed to making sure our clients are ready to address their cyber risk with comprehensive cyber insurance coverage and ample resources at their disposal that can help control costs, mitigate the likelihood of a breach and protect their reputations during a cyber-event."
"CyberRiskIQ.com is an online portal of information, tools and insights designed to help our clients learn more about cyber threats and network security perils. It provides resources dedicated to helping our clients understand their risks and learning materials to lessen the severity of a cyber-security incident, if encountered," said Elissa Doroff, Underwriting and Product Manager for Cyber & Technology insurance. "Our intention is to keep our clients well-informed about the latest developments and trends and well-equipped to respond, should they experience their own cyber incident.
CyberRiskIQ.com features a comprehensive portal including:
- Information on the Underwriting and Claims Cyber/Tech team
- A Cyber Liability library specific to XL Catlin containing articles and videos by XL Catlin Colleagues as well as product and policy information.
- An Incident Roadmap suggesting steps to take following a network or data breach incident.
- News Center with articles and commentary discussing trends, major breach events, security awareness strategies and, risk management guidance and helpful industry links.
- Learning Center with a library of best-practices articles, white papers and webinars from XL Catlin Colleagues, leading technical and legal practitioners.
- Risk Manager's Toolbox providing self-help for managing cyber risk, including a cyber-risk assessment survey, breach notification guides, what if modeling tools to estimate the cost of a breach, and research tools to monitor the type, frequency and severity of incidents occurring in your business sector.
- Vendor Partner Resources including a directory to help XL Catlin clients gain quick access to its recently-expanded pre-qualified network of third-party resources with expertise in pre- and post-breach disciplines, including network vulnerability testing, IT risk assessments, Incident response planning, security awareness training, PCI compliance, Security Incident response planning, Data Breach Tabletops, Enhancement of a company's vendor management program as well as crisis response services inclusive of expert computer forensics, legal and public relations advice, regulatory response and notification/credit monitoring.
XL Catlin's cyber insurance provides broad coverage for data protection and privacy risks, both for third-party claims and first-party mitigation costs following a technology or cyber event. Coverage is tailored for businesses across various industries and technology companies. XL Catlin's North America Cyber & Technology business is headquartered in New York City with underwriting offices in Chicago, Washington, DC and San Francisco.
About the XL Catlin Insurance Operations
The XL Catlin insurance companies offer property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty insurance products globally. Businesses that are moving the world forward choose XL Catlin as their partner. To learn more, visit xlcatlin.com.
About XL Catlin
XL Catlin is the global brand used by XL Group plc's (NYSE:XL) insurance and reinsurance companies which provide property, casualty, professional and specialty products to industrial, commercial and professional firms, insurance companies and other enterprises throughout the world. Clients look to XL Catlin for answers to their most complex risks and to help move their world forward. To learn more, visit xlcatlin.com.
SOURCE XL Catlin