ATLANTA, Feb. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Yogabed™, leading online retailer of luxury foam mattresses and sleep accessories, today announced it is adding a new distribution and fulfillment center to support its plans to expand the already broadest product assortment among online mattress and sleep brands.
"The new DFC (distribution/fulfillment center) is strategically located in the center of the United States – in St. Louis – which allows us to reach the majority of our customers in 1-2 days," said Yogabed co-founder Chris Marsh. "This also allows us to rapidly develop and bring to market new products and innovations that significantly grow the Yogabed business."
Yogabed also will house its customer service and call center at the St. Louis facility, bringing 100 percent of its customer service in-house and reinforcing its commitment to exceptional reliability and customer service.
"The first year is critical in a startup," said Yogabed co-founder Tim Oakhill. "We knew we had a great idea, a quality product and the best team in place, all focused on providing an exceptional experience and the highest level of customer service for Yogabed consumers. This next step enhances our national footprint, strengthens the customer experience and provides us with the flexibility to grow our product offerings."
In its first year Yogabed set out to revolutionize the mattress and sleep industry with its unique design, accessories program and precedent of including pillows with purchase. Now, with the addition of the new Distribution/Fulfillment Center, Yogabed can offer consumers even more shopping conveniences for all their sleep accessories as well as an enhanced customer service offering.
To help consumers better navigate choices among online mattresses, Yogabed customer service representatives will have access to products from leading online mattress brands so they can answer consumer questions based on real hands-on experience, all from its U.S.-based customer service center.
First-year Yogabed highlights
- Offered the greatest online assortment of premium sleep-related products with pillows, sheets, mattress protectors and mattresses
- Introduced the premium, Yogabed foam mattress with a four-layer advanced foam system designed for optimal support and comfort
- Introduced the patented Zip-N-Wash™ removable, washable mattress cover with THERMOCOOL™ high performance fabric that sleeps cool when you're too hot and warm when you're too cool
- Helped more consumers sleep easy by offer financing from Affirm
- Became an Amazon.com retail partner
- Earned recognition as a Google Trusted Store for offering shoppers a great shopping experience and excellent customer service
- Tapped FedEx as its shipping partner to provide best in class package monitoring
Launched in 2015, Atlanta-based Yogabed™ is a direct-to-consumer retailer of luxury foam mattresses and sleep accessories inspired by the wellness benefits of yoga. The advanced technologies behind Yogabed were created and developed by a team of mattress manufacturing experts with over 40 years of industry experience. Every Yogabed mattress is made in the USA with a Zip-n-Wash™ removable cover, and offers free delivery, free Yogabed pillows with purchase and a 101-night, no-risk trial. For more visit Yogabed.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/yogabed-turns-one-poised-for-continued-growth-with-us-expansion-300224547.html