LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., May 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ :ZBRA ), a global leader in products and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations' assets, people and transactions, was recently selected for exhibiting the best new radio frequency identification (RFID) product or service at RFID Journal LIVE! in San Diego, Calif. The Zebra Sports Solution player tracking system identifies the location, motion and direction of every player in real time to within inches throughout a game. Zebra is revolutionizing how sports are watched, analyzed, coached and played in real-time.
This solution has also been nominated for the Sports Business Journal's Sports Business Awards in the category of Best in Sports Technology. The winners will be announced in New York City later this week.
- Zebra is the "Official On-Field Player Tracking Provider" of the NFL, powering the League's game-changing Next Generation Stats initiative.
- During the 2014 NFL season, Zebra's Sports Solution tracked 2,000+ NFL players and measured and stored more than 1.6 billion sets of X, Y, Z coordinates.
- Zebra Sports Solution leverages the same real-time tracking and location technology that Zebra implements in solutions it has developed for healthcare, retail, manufacturing and transportation & logistics to provide enterprise asset intelligence and operational visibility to organizations of all sizes across the globe.
- Leveraging its RFID-based visibility and locationing technology with its breadth of data capture, mobility, networking and analytics capabilities, Zebra Technologies is uniquely positioned to deliver end-to-end solutions that unlock the value of the Internet of Things.
- Each year, RFID Journal recognizes companies that have distinguished themselves for their introduction of a valuable new RFID product or service. Selected by a group of more than 20 independent judges, the recognition of the Zebra Sports Solution marks the first RFID Journal award for Zebra Technologies in this category.
Mark Roberti, founder and editor, RFID Journal
"The Zebra Sports Solution is the most advanced sports tracking solution we've seen. The editors at RFID Journal were impressed with the accuracy of the solution, and its ability to provide the data (to the NFL in real-time). Clearly, the solution has implications in other sports and other businesses."
Eric Petrosinelli, general manager, Sports, Zebra Technologies
"It was my pleasure to accept this award on behalf of Zebra and participate in this year's RFID Journal LIVE! Conference. As the full spectrum of the Zebra Sports Solution capabilities continue to be deployed across multiple sports properties, its impact will be significant. Real-time player tracking will continue to transform team training, player evaluations and the fan experience."
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ :ZBRA ) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com/possibilities.
Therese Van Ryne
Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Zebra Technologies Corporation