LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., Oct. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in providing solutions and services that give enterprises real-time visibility into their operations, helped Canadian-based medical marijuana producer, Aphria Inc. create a seamless end-to-end solution for regulatory compliance, real-time visibility and data integrity. Ample Organics, a Zebra partner, provided the ERP seed-to-sale system integrated with Zebra hardware.
- The Ample Organics ERP system functions with Zebra products like the MC3200™ mobile computer, ZT220™ industrial printer, GK420D™ and ZD410 label printers plus ZXP1 patient ID printers.
- Health Canada – the Canadian Government's public health department – regulates the medical marijuana industry and conducts frequent on-site inspections making visibility into the growing process imperative.
- A patient order comes in through customer service or online via the Ample Organics e-commerce portal, and the Zebra MC3200 mobile computers help employees find, pick, label, and pack each order efficiently while automating compliance related tasks.
- All data is collected and stored in real-time within the Ample Organics system, which is essential for frequent Health Canada inspections.
- The data collected in the Ample Organics' system - using Zebra's mobile computer along with its label and card printers - gives Aphria confidence when these targeted, random inspections occur.
- For more information, find the Aphria, Ample Organics and Zebra success story here.
John Prentice, CEO, Ample Organics
"We needed enterprise-grade equipment that could stand up to the rigors of a greenhouse where you are dealing with dirt, water, and a concrete floor. We knew we needed to quickly, efficiently generate all inventory tags and barcodes to scan contextually and save on efficiencies. The only way to do that was with Zebra Technologies. We wouldn't have the industry-leading software solution we have without Zebra standing behind us."
John Cervini, Aphria Inc. Co-Founder
"We have real-time data regarding our inventory including where our product is and the status of all parts of our inventory in real-time. It allows us to have that visibility, a real-time snapshot of our business at any given time so we can make better business decisions."
Greg Salter, Channel Account Manager, Zebra Technologies
"Ample Organics has a compliance solution at the root of it, creating true visibility and enabling Enterprise Asset Intelligence for end-customers like Aphria. It integrates several parts of the Zebra portfolio including mobile computers, desktop printers, table-top printers, and patient ID card printers, all within one solution."
With the unparalleled visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – give organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today's data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Therese Van Ryne
Industry Analyst Contact:
ZEBRA and the stylized Zebra head are trademarks of ZIH Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2016 ZIH Corp. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Zebra Technologies Corporation