LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., March 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in products and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations' assets, people and transactions, today released survey results finding that 96 percent of surveyed transportation and logistics (T&L) companies agree that the Internet of Things (IoT) is the most strategic technological initiative their organization will undertake this decade. Zebra will discuss the survey findings this week at ProMat 2015 in Chicago.
IoT KEY FACTS
- The survey, conducted in October 2014 by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Zebra Technologies, showed that 90 percent of T&L companies either have or plan to deploy IoT solutions within a year.
- More than half of respondents expect IoT to improve regulatory compliance (51 percent) and delivery processes (51 percent). More than four in ten expect IoT to help their companies improve safety (45 percent), recognize cost efficiencies (44 percent) or improve their supply chain visibility (44 percent).
- Wi-Fi, security sensors, near field communications (NFC) and real-time locating systems were cited as the most important technologies for enabling IoT implementations.
- Nearly 40 percent of respondents listed privacy and security concerns as the largest challenge for IoT implementations, while 38 percent mentioned implementation complexity.
- Zebra released global findings on IoT adoption across many verticals and industries, surveying IT and business decision makers from nearly 600 global firms.
ProMat KEY FACTS
- Zebra will be demonstrating RTLS, voice and multimodal solutions and warehouse management solutions including those acquired as part of the Motorola Solutions' Enterprise Business in Booth #1552.
- On Monday, March 23, at 12 p.m. in Theater 1 of McCormick Place South, Mark Wheeler, director of supply chain solutions at Zebra Technologies, will be presenting warehousing trends and how new technologies are helping companies across the supply chain operate more efficiently and effectively.
- Zebra will also be debuting the industry's most rugged mobile printer - the new ZQ500 mobile printer series for field-based applications.
Jim Hilton, senior director, Global Manufacturing Principal, Zebra Technologies
"The survey findings demonstrate exactly how important IoT is to the T&L industry. IoT solutions provide operational and actionable data on the location and condition of tracked objects which will help improve the customer experience, create new revenue streams, enable competitive differentiation and promote workforce collaboration. At ProMat 2015, we look forward to showing our customers and partners how they can use IoT and mobile solutions to empower their workforces and gain intelligence and visibility into their assets."
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com/possibilities.
Industry Analyst Relations Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Zebra Technologies Corporation