LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., July 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in solutions and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations' assets, people and transactions, announced today it will be a presenting Pioneer Sponsor at the inaugural APPNATION IoT Influencers Summit, bringing together the industry's top decision makers, business developers and leading influencers to discuss the emerging business need for the Internet of Things (IoT).
The APPNATION IoT Influencers Summit will take place on July 21, 2015 at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California. The opening keynote will begin at 9 AM PT. Zebra will exhibit its new interactive IoT light board, and attendees can take in the Zebra Vertical Jump Challenge at booth #4. On July 20, Zebra's Zatar IoT platform team will also participate in the Atmel® Tech on Tour stopping by 1871 at the Merchandise Mart, Chicago's premiere innovation hub.
KEY FACTS ON APPNATION
- Zebra Technologies' Jill Stelfox will participate in the Connected Fan Experience panel at 10:55 AM PT on Stage 1A. This roundtable will cover the ways technology is improving the fan experience through beacons and sensors installed in sporting venues. Zebra is the "Official On-Field Player-Tracking Provider" of the National Football League.
- Phil Gerskovich, also of Zebra, will lead the Simplifying IoT Solutions session. As IoT becomes more relevant in the enterprise, there is a need for businesses to build their own IoT applications that increase visibility into operations and drive better decision-making. At 4:15 PM PT on stage 1A, the session will focus on ways the industry can meet this demand through emerging enterprise software, including Zebra's Zatar platform.
- The three key areas of focus at the Summit are market development and the latest findings within the IoT economy, the business case for IoT apps, and leveraging IoT to increase consumer engagement.
KEY FACTS ON ATMEL TECH ON TOUR
- Zatar wine rack demo showcasing a connected IoT experience will be featured on the tour truck.
- Gerskovich will be speaking at 5:15 pm CT about IoT and what is driving it.
- Hosted by the Connected Intelligence Foundation, IoT Day will bring together leading companies for a day of hands-on learning and executive insight on how IoT is gaining traction on a massive scale.
Phil Gerskovich, senior vice president, New Growth Platforms, Zebra Technologies
"Zebra is proud to be participating in both of these important events. We look forward to sharing the many visibility and intelligence benefits that IoT applications, like our Zatar platform, can provide to the business world."
Jill Stelfox, vice president and general manager, Location Solutions, Zebra Technologies
"The advancement of real-time technology in the sporting world has changed the way fans, teams and networks experience and analyze the game. We are excited to discuss the opportunities for IoT to impact the sports industry and Zebra's leadership on the field with our real-time player tracking solution."
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com/possibilities.
Atmel is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of microcontrollers, capacitive touch solutions, advanced logic, mixed-signal, nonvolatile memory and radio frequency (RF) components. Leveraging one of the industry's broadest intellectual property (IP) technology portfolios, Atmel is able to provide the electronics industry with intelligent and connected solutions focused on the industrial, automotive, consumer, communications and computing markets.
Therese Van Ryne
Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Atmel® is a registered trademark of Atmel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Zebra Technologies Corporation