SAN FRANCISCO, June 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Zimperium, a global leader in enterprise mobile threat defense (MTD) and the only provider of real-time on-device protection against known and unknown threats, today announced an integration with Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS). Integrated directly with Microsoft Intune, Zimperium enables mobility and security teams to assess the risk of, and protect devices against, the broadest range of mobile threats.
Zimperium's on-device detection protects users in real-time, without the potential delays and limitations of cloud-based detection, and then provides threat intelligence directly to Microsoft Intune. The integration adds the capability to control access to corporate resources and data based on Zimperium's comprehensive analysis.
"Zimperium is excited to integrate with Microsoft to help organizations of all sizes proactively protect employees and data from mobile threats," said John Michelsen, Chief Product Officer at Zimperium. "The combination of EMS conditional access technology and Zimperium's MTD platform provides significant business, security and compliance value."
Andrew Conway, General Manager of Product Marketing for Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security at Microsoft Corp. added, "As attacks increase in sophistication and frequency, securing mobile endpoints is becoming a priority for organizations. The integration between Zimperium and Microsoft Intune will deliver an additional level of security on mobile devices."
Zimperium delivers real-time, on-device threat detection and remediation for Android and iOS devices, with proven enterprise implementations covering hundreds of thousands of devices. The platform's management console, zConsole, integrates with leading enterprise mobility management (EMM), security incident and event monitoring (SIEM) and single-sign-on (SSO) solutions. The platform's deployment options include Shared SaaS, Dedicated SaaS and On-Premise (via an organization's private cloud).
Zimperium's integration with Microsoft Intune provides the following benefits:
- Ease of Deployment: Seamless deployment and management of Zimperium's threat defense solution via Microsoft Intune, with activation through Microsoft Azure Active Directory. The solution is deployed to employees' devices via Intune's app delivery capabilities.
- Real-time Threat Protection: Zimperium's machine-learning models have been developed and refined through years of threat intelligence research. The solution provides comprehensive, on-device mobile threat protection along with configurable end-user notifications and alerts, defined by Intune's customized threat threshold for assessing device risk posture.
- Comprehensive Mobile Risk Management: The combination of Zimperium and Microsoft EMS allows IT security administrators to set rules based on risk level or compliance regulations that automatically regulate users' and devices' access to services. When Zimperium reports a dangerous threat, Intune marks it as "non-compliant" and is able to restrict access to applications and resources, for example email or company documents. Once the threat is mitigated, zConsole updates the device's threat level and allows the Intune to grant access.
Zimperium's integration with Microsoft EMS is currently in private preview with select customers. Go to https://blog.zimperium.com/mobile-threat-defense-for-intune for more information. For details and to learn more about how Zimperium Mobile Threat Defense protects organizations and prevents cyber attacks in real-time and without relying on easily compromised cloud-only detections, visit www.zimperium.com.
Important Detail on Zimperium's Momentum
- More than 10 million mobile devices are licensed with Zimperium Mobile Threat Defense
- In February, Zimperium released Danger Zone and Activity Monitor, two key product features providing valuable risk information related to the Wi-Fi networks around a device, as well as comprehensive threat data on the devices, networks and applications.
- The company partners with leading mobile operators to power critical security initiatives that secure millions of endpoints, including: SoftBank, Deutsche Telekom, and Blackberry.
- Zimperium's research unit, zLabs uncovered some of the biggest vulnerabilities to date in mobile operating systems including the AirDroid vulnerabilities and Stagefright.
Twitter: .@Zimperium's #MobileThreatDefense is now integrated with @MSFTMobility's @MSIntune. Read more here: http://bit.ly/2s8ad4a
LinkedIn: Today, Zimperium announced integration with Microsoft Enterprise Mobility and Security to provide enterprise-wide mobile threat defense. Read more here: http://bit.ly/2s8ad4a
Mobile threat defense, Mobile cybersecurity, Machine learning, Microsoft, Intune, Microsoft EMS
Zimperium®, the global leader in Mobile Threat Defense, offers real-time, on-device protection against both known and previously unknown threats, enabling detection and remediation of attacks on all three mobile threat vectors - Device, Network and Applications. Zimperium's patented z9™ detection engine uses machine learning to power zIPS™, mobile on-device Intrusion Prevention System app, and zIAP™, an embedded, In-App Protection SDK that delivers self-protecting iOS and Android apps.
Leaders across the mobile ecosystem partner with Zimperium, including mobile operators (Airtel, Deutsche Telekom, SmarTone, SoftBank and Telstra), device manufacturers (Samsung, SIRIN, TriGem), and leading enterprise mobility management (EMM) providers (AirWatch, MobileIron, BlackBerry, Citrix and SAP). Headquartered in San Francisco, Zimperium is backed by Sierra Ventures, Samsung, Telstra, Warburg Pincus and SoftBank. Learn more at www.zimperium.com or our official blog at https://blog.zimperium.com.
Zimperium, the Zimperium name and logo, Powered by Zimperium, zIPS, zIAP and z9 are registered trademarks or trademarks of Zimperium, Inc. in the US and other countries.
Darah Patton (InkHouse PR for Zimperium)
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/zimperium-integrates-with-microsoft-enterprise-mobility--security-to-defend-against-zero-day-mobile-threats-300471543.html