SAN FRANCISCO and DALLAS, Nov. 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Zimperium, the industry leader in enterprise mobile threat detection (MTD) and the only provider of on-device, continuous and real-time protection against both known and unknown threats, today released insights from its Global Threat Intelligence lab. The report highlights the need for enterprises to adopt a mobile threat detection strategy and is available for download here.
As Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies become increasingly prevalent, companies have opened themselves up to an entirely new category of cyber threats that puts their corporate data at risk.
- Mobile is their greatest cyber vulnerability: Unlike desktop computers, employees' mobile devices are not protected from cyber threats. Without the ability to assess mobile vulnerabilities and identify threats, enterprises are at high risk for cyberattacks via personal mobile devices, the networks they connect to and applications they download.
- The mobile threat is real: Data collected by Zimperium from 7,000 mobile devices at a single customer reveals 60 percent of devices were exposed to known vulnerabilities, 6 percent recorded a critical threat event and 1 percent were infected with a malicious app.
- Mobile Threat Protection (MTP) solutions mitigate risks and threats in real-time: Many organizations rely on EMM solutions to manage policy compliance, but these products cannot detect cyber threats. For complete mobile defense, companies need an integrated EMM and MTP solution.
- Enterprises must protect their business apps for their customers: Insecure applications can put brands at risk. With an SDK solution, security can be embedded right into applications, which can remediate themselves when malicious intent is discovered.
- Executives must ask tough questions to manage mobile risk: CIOs and CSOs, who are ultimately responsible for the security of company data, should have a strategy for mobile threat detection for mobile devices, networks and applications that connect to their organization.
"In today's environment, real time protection from known and unknown threats is critical to enabling successful digital business and safe BYOD programs," said Shridhar Mittal, CEO of Zimperium. "Without a mobile threat protection solution in place, organizations are leaving the door to their corporate data open for cybercriminals."
Important Detail on Zimperium's Momentum
- Zimperium has the world's largest deployment of mobile device sensors
- More than 10 million mobile devices are licensed with Zimperium Mobile Threat Protection
- Last week, SoftBank, the fifth largest mobile operator in the world, launches its Security Checker application in Japan, Powered by ZIMPERIUM™ for B2B and B2C implementations
- Earlier this year, Deutsche Telekom, one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world, announced the launch of Mobile Protect Pro, Powered by ZIMPERIUM™ as their security initiative to secure millions of endpoints
- Watch Zimperium hack into an Android device on Crimewatch Daily
- Read how zLabs' Stagefright disclosure caused the Android ecosystem to reevaluate how it approaches security
- Learn why Frost & Sullivan recently selected Zimperium for: Machine Learning-based Mobile Threat Detection Technology Innovation Award
- Download Ovum's On The Radar research report highlighting Zimperium's technology
- Learn about 'Man in the Middle' attacks
Twitter: Mobility is key for enterprise productivity, but can leave businesses #vulnerable - how to stay secure http://bit.ly/2fXn1Ad #BYODrisk
Twitter: 60% of #BYOD devices are vulnerable to known security flaws @Zimperium #mobilethreat, #BYODrisk http://bit.ly/2fXn1Ad
LinkedIn: Why is mobile threat protection essential to the success of a company? Zimperium's latest paper explains the five things every executive needs to know about enterprise BYOD risks: http://bit.ly/2fXn1Ad
Mobile threat detection, Mobile cybersecurity, Enterprise data, BYOD, Enterprise mobile security.
Zimperium is the industry leader in mobile threat detection with the world's largest deployment of mobile device sensors. Only Zimperium offers continuous and real-time on-device protection against both known and unknown threats, enabling the detection and remediation of attacks on three levels - the device, the network and the application.
The patented machine learning (a type of artificial intelligence (AI)) detection engine called z9™ enables zIPS™, the world's first mobile Intrusion Prevention System app (on-device), and zIAP™, an embedded in-app protection SDK that allows organizations to deliver self-protecting iOS and Android apps, to implement custom workflows.
Leaders across the mobile ecosystem partner with Zimperium, including mobile operators (Airtel, Deutsche Telekom, Telstra, SmarTone and SoftBank), device makers (SIRIN), and enterprise mobility management providers (AirWatch, MobileIron, BlackBerry, Citrix and Samsung).
zLabs, Zimperium's world-renowned research team, conducts ongoing research on iOS, Android and Windows platforms to discover new vulnerabilities and to influence a safe mobile computing environment. Headquartered in San Francisco and Dallas, Zimperium is backed by major investors including Samsung, Warburg Pincus, Telstra and Sierra Ventures. Learn more at www.zimperium.com or our official blog at https://blog.zimperium.com.
Zimperium, the Zimperium name and logo, Powered by Zimperium, zIPS, zIAP, z9 are registered trademarks or trademarks of Zimperium, Inc. in the US and other countries.
PR for Zimperium
InkHouse PR for Zimperium