NEW YORK, March 15, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global online on-demand food delivery services market is poised to grow by USD 44.23 billion during 2020-2024, progressing at a CAGR of almost 7% during the forecast period. The report offers an up-to-date analysis regarding the current market scenario, latest trends and drivers, and the overall market environment.
Download Free Sample Report
Impact of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to transform the growth of various industries, however, the immediate impact of the outbreak is varied. While a few industries will register a drop in demand, numerous others will continue to remain unscathed and show promising growth opportunities. COVID-19 will have a low impact on the online on-demand food delivery services market.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Based on segmentation by business model, which is the leading segment in the market?
Based on the business model, the market saw maximum growth in the order-focused food delivery services segment in 2019.
- What are the major trends in the market?
The rising popularity of social media in online on-demand food delivery is the major trend in the market.
- At what rate is the market projected to grow?
The market is projected to grow at a CAGR of almost 7% during the forecast period.
- Who are the top players in the market?
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., Delivery Hero SE, Glovoapp23 SL, Grab Holdings Inc., Grubhub Inc., Just Eat Takeaway.com NV, Meituan Dianping, Postmates Inc., Roofoods Ltd., and Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd. are the top players in the market.
- What are the key market drivers and challenges?
The market is driven by the convenience involved in ordering food online. However, the growing threat from direct delivery services offered by restaurants will challenge growth.
- How big is the APAC market?
APAC dominated the market with a 59% share in 2019.
Related Reports on Consumer Discretionary Include:
Global Food Delivery Services Market - Global food delivery services market is segmented by geography (APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA) and market landscape (order focused and logistics focused).
Global Catering Services Market - Global catering services market is segmented by service (contract catering services and concession catering services) and geography (APAC, Europe, MEA, North America, and South America).
The market is fragmented, and the degree of fragmentation will accelerate during the forecast period. Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., Delivery Hero SE, Glovoapp23 SL, Grab Holdings Inc., Grubhub Inc., Just Eat Takeaway.com NV, Meituan Dianping, Postmates Inc., Roofoods Ltd., and Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd. are some of the major market participants. Although the convenience involved in ordering food online will offer immense growth opportunities, growing consumer demand for convenient food ordering is likely to pose a challenge for the market vendors. In a bid to help players strengthen their market foothold, this online on-demand food delivery services market forecast report provides a detailed analysis of the leading market vendors. The report also empowers industry honchos with information on the competitive landscape and insights into the different product offerings offered by various companies.
Develop Smart Strategies for Your Business:
Grab a Free Sample Report Now!
Technavio's custom research reports offer detailed insights on the impact of COVID-19 at an industry level, a regional level, and subsequent supply chain operations. This customized report will also help clients keep up with new product launches in direct & indirect COVID-19 related markets, upcoming vaccines and pipeline analysis, and significant developments in vendor operations and government regulations.
Online On-Demand Food Delivery Services Market 2020-2024: Segmentation
Online On-Demand Food Delivery Services Market is segmented as below:
- Market Landscape
- Order-focused Food Delivery Services
- Logistics-focused Food Delivery Services
- North America
- South America
To learn more about the global trends impacting the future of market research, download a free sample: https://www.technavio.com/talk-to-us?report=IRTNTR43491
Online On-Demand Food Delivery Services Market 2020-2024: Scope
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by the way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The online on-demand food delivery services market report covers the following areas:
- Online On-Demand Food Delivery Services Market Size
- Online On-Demand Food Delivery Services Market Trends
- Online On-Demand Food Delivery Services Market Industry Analysis
This study identifies the rising popularity of social media in online on-demand food delivery as one of the prime reasons driving the Online On-Demand Food Delivery Services Market growth during the next few years.
Technavio suggests three forecast scenarios (optimistic, probable, and pessimistic) considering the impact of COVID-19. Technavio's in-depth research has direct and indirect COVID-19 impacted market research reports.
Online On-Demand Food Delivery Services Market 2020-2024: Key Highlights
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will assist online on-demand food delivery services market growth during the next five years
- Estimation of the online on-demand food delivery services market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the online on-demand food delivery services market across APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America
- Analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of online on-demand food delivery services market vendors
Table of Contents:
- Market ecosystem
- Value chain analysis
- Market definition
- Market segment analysis
- Market size 2019
- Market outlook: Forecast for 2019 - 2024
Five Forces Analysis
- Five forces summary
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
Market Segmentation by Business model
- Market segments
- Comparison by Business model
- Order-focused food delivery services - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Logistics-focused food delivery services - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Market opportunity by Business model
- Customer landscape
- Geographic segmentation
- Geographic comparison
- APAC - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- North America - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Europe - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- MEA - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- South America - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity by geography
- Market drivers – Demand led growth
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Vendor landscape
- Landscape disruption
- Vendors covered
- Market positioning of vendors
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.
- Delivery Hero SE
- Glovoapp23 SL
- Grab Holdings Inc.
- Grubhub Inc.
- Just Eat Takeaway.com NV
- Meituan Dianping
- Postmates Inc.
- Roofoods Ltd.
- Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd.
- Scope of the report
- Currency conversion rates for US$
- Research methodology
- List of abbreviations
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio's report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio's comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.