BALTIMORE, July 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The citizens of Baltimore will have a chance to experience a unique way of cooling off during the hot summer. A 1,000 Foot slip-n-slide that's over three-and-a-half football fields long will be laid on city streets during the upcoming weekend of July 25th and 26th. This is The Urban Slide.
A recent viral YouTube video shows the giant slide in action.
The Urban Slide has recently held events this year in other major cities such as Dallas, Houston, Jacksonville, and Denver. The slide is made slippery by a unique water misting system that drastically cuts down on both water consumption and the need for soap. To make things more unique, The Urban Slide will also have a night session which will be held Saturday night.
Other features and amenities of The Urban Slide will include:
- Food trucks to give out lunch and snacks to participants and onlookers
- Music which will play beats along the entire slide
- A bag check area to secure footwear and other belongings as people go down the slide
- Store items such as cellphone covers, bags, glasses, extra inflatable tubes, and more
Registration for The Urban Slide's Baltimore event can be done by going to the event page, selecting which day of the weekend to slide, and then selecting the number of slides a participant wants to do.
People who register can slide down either once, three times, or even an unlimited amount of times in a single day depending on the ticket type purchased. Special unlimited night slide tickets are also offered.
Pricing for The Urban Slide varies and depends mainly on two factors:
- How early a registration is made before the event begins – the earlier the registration, the more money is saved
- How many times one wants to go down the slide
Each participant who registers receives a wristband (their "ticket" to the slide). Tubes are also required to ride The Urban Slide, and they can either be purchased at the event or participants can bring their own.
The Urban Slide in Baltimore will run from 12:00pm-6:30pm with the night session being from 8:00pm-10:00pm on Saturday, and 10:00am-5:00pm on Sunday.
For those who want more info about the slide, they can contact Derrest Williams at Email or call 281-550-1080.
SOURCE The Urban Slide