NEWTON, Mass., Oct. 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The eleventh annual Invest in Others Awards Gala was held on September 28, 2017, at Cipriani 42nd Street in New York City. Over 500 financial advisors and financial services executives attended the event to recognize and celebrate the charitable work of financial advisors and firms in communities across the country and around the world.
"The recent catastrophic events in Houston, Florida, Mexico, and the Caribbean have brought droves of people together to help those in need, but the financial advice industry is no stranger to this kind of community service," said Megan McAuley, Executive Director & President of Invest in Others. "This year's finalists and winners demonstrate what it's like to use their skills and talents to serve those in need and address challenges in their communities. While they each help in their own ways, they are all united in their selfless desire to make a difference in the lives of others."
Awards were presented to financial advisors in five categories. Invest in Others donated $20,000 to each winner's designated charity, with the exception of the Lifetime Achievement Award winner, whose charity received a $25,000 donation. By award category, the winners are:
- Catalyst Award: Jody C. D'Agostini, senior partner of The Falcon Financial Group in Morristown, N.J., for Community in Crisis.
- Community Service Award: Thomas E. Reilly, Jr., founding principal of Birch Hill Investment Advisors LLC in Boston, Mass., for Crossroads.
- Global Community Impact Award: Michael Thaler, co-founder and managing partner of Equity Concepts in Richmond, Va., for Effective Ministries, Inc.
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Bill Sparks, international financial advisor at Merrill Lynch in San Diego, Calif., for Los Angelitos de Encinitas, Inc.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Mark Anselmo, president of Anselmo Investment Management in Temecula, Calif., for Our Nicholas Foundation.
Financial companies were honored with the Corporate Philanthropy Award. By category, the winners are:
- Corporate Philanthropy – Advisory Firms: Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group of Wakefield, Mass.
- Corporate Philanthropy – Financial Institutions: Commonwealth Financial Network of Waltham, Mass. and San Diego, Calif.
Top sponsors of the event included Allianz, Cambridge Investment Research, Fidelity Investments, Merrill Lynch, and TD Ameritrade Institutional.
About the Invest in Others Charitable Foundation
The inspiration for the Invest in Others Charitable Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charity, came directly from the financial advisors who invest in others by giving back to their communities with overwhelming generosity and dedication. Since its founding in 2006, Invest in Others has amplified these efforts by providing a platform for advisors to increase awareness, visibility, and funding to their favorite non-profits. For more information, visit www.investinothers.org.
Jessica Dunham, Director of Marketing and Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org | 781.304.4812
SOURCE Invest in Others Charitable Foundation