VANCOUVER, British Columbia, May 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Funds generated from several USANA distributor events held over the past several months in Vancouver were pooled together to aid the victims of the devastating Nepal earthquake. An extraordinary $14,500 CA was raised through events held to teach others about creating a lifestyle of health and abundance.
"We are thrilled to have the opportunity of generating funds at our events for a great cause," said Karen Shumka, Executive Diamond Director from Vancouver. "When the destructive earthquake occurred, we knew it was the right time to step in and assist with a large donation."
According to the United Nations, more than 3 million people require aid, with close to half needing immediate assistance. The money raised from the event will be funneled through the USANA True Health Foundation to ensure every penny raised will go to those in need. Just last week, the Foundation sent a check of $50,000 to Nepal for food and urgent supplies.
"Our distributors work hard every day to make a difference in the lives of people around the world," said Jeremy Lunt, USANA's general manager in Canada. "Our leaders were grateful to help make a difference by doing what they could to assist the victims of Nepal."
Hosts of USANA independent distributor events that generated funding for Nepal's relief efforts include the following:
- Ani and Ian Black, One-Star Diamond Directors
- Karen Shumka, Executive Diamond Director
- Connie Yao and Cecilia Li, Foundation Executive Eight-Star Diamond Directors
- Vincent, Mable and Adrian Chan, Foundation Executive Eight-Star Diamond Directors
- Kimberley Rowe, Gold Director
- Nousha Behbahanian, Gold Director
- Jean and Peter Cheung, One-Star Diamond Directors
- Dave Li, Ruby Director
- Vivian Lee and Alex Tai, Diamond Directors
- Lisa Liming Li, Executive Two-Star Diamond Director
- Rosa Liang, Diamond Director
- Mary Chen, Diamond Director
- Lyne and Germain Lafortune, Foundation Executive Diamond Directors
For more information or to donate to the USANA True Health Foundation, go to www.usanafoundation.org.
About USANA True Health Foundation: The USANA True Health Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization created by Dr. Myron Wentz, USANA's founder, and USANA CEO Dave Wentz, to help expand and enhance USANA's ongoing charitable efforts. Its mission is to provide the most critical human necessities to those suffering or in need. The USANA True Health Foundation has an active partnership with organizations such as HealthCorps and the Children's Hunger Fund, which share the same vision of making the world a happier and healthier place. Learn more at our website (www.USANAfoundation.org), follow us on Twitter (@USANAfoundation), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/USANAfoundation).
Media Contact: Ashley Collins
Executive Director of PR, Social Media and Communications
SOURCE USANA True Health Foundation