NEW YORK, June 22 /PRNewswire/ -- The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors Association (ICMAD), Palatine, IL, recognized nine member companies for their innovative products, package designs and marketing ideas at the association's seventh annual CITY Awards for Cosmetic Innovators of The Year, held June 17, 2010 in New York City.
On presenting the awards, ICMAD President Pamela Jo Busiek of CBI Laboratories, Inc. said, "The CITY Awards represent dedication, effort and creativity by members of ICMAD and recognize the innovations that independent companies bring to the beauty industry. For me, the CITY Awards represent everything that makes our business so dynamic."
The CITY Awards, companies and the representatives accepting the awards are:
- CITY Award for Personal Care Product: OPAL SONIC INFUSION SYSTEM, by Clarisonic, Bellevue, WA.
- CITY Award for Color Cosmetic Product: HUGE LIPS SKINNY HIPS, by Purple Lab, New York, NY.
- CITY Award for Professional Skin Care Product: 21 DAY DERMAL DETOX KIT, by Suki, Inc., Northampton, MA.
- CITY Award for Mass Skin Care Product: ESSENTIAL FATTY ACID CREAM, by Reviva Labs, Haddonfield, NJ.
- CITY Award for Personal Care Package Design: CHOCOHOLICKS, by Iredale Mineral Cosmetics, Great Barrington, MA.
- CITY Award for Color Cosmetic Package Design: YOYO LIP GLOSS MINI, by YOYO Lip Gloss, College Point, NY.
- CITY Award for Skin Care Package Design: AVON ANEW DUAL TUBE, by World Wide Packaging, Florham Park, NJ.
- CITY Award for Print Advertisement—Trade or Consumer: "LIPFIXATION/OUR LITTLE TWO-TIMER" AD, by Iredale Mineral Cosmetics, Great Barrington, MA.
- CITY Award for Website Innovation: www.temptu.com, by Temptu, New York, NY.
ICMAD, founded in 1974, is a trade association of independent cosmetic manufacturers, distributors and suppliers of services and components to the cosmetic industry. Approximately 90% of ICMAD's 700 member companies are small, entrepreneurial businesses in the highly creative and competitive cosmetic, toiletry and fragrance field. ICMAD provides a powerful voice for its members to the FDA, in Congress and with consumer groups and the media. Visit www.icmad.org for more information.
Vi Nelson & Associates, Inc.
P: 312.944.1262 / F: 312.664.8380