DALLAS, Feb. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Large crowds are expected at the 21st annual Dallas RV SUPERSALE at Dallas Market Hall, Thurs. Feb. 24 through Sun. Feb. 27. This year's show features all the newest models, the top RV accessories and daily seminars from respected RV professionals.
With 17 local RV dealers displaying, the 2011 Dallas RV SUPERSALE will be the largest show in Texas as well as the entire Southwest. RV enthusiasts will be able to review major national manufacturers and top dealers displaying motor homes, fifth-wheels, travel trailers, tent trailers, RV accessories and more.
Texas leads the RV industry rebound, ranked number 1 in the nation in both 2009 and 2010 in the total number of units shipped according to Statistical Surveys. Nationally in 2010, RV manufacturers shipped an increase of 46.2% of units from 2009 marking the highest annual total for RV shipments in the previous three years.
The 2011 Dallas RV SUPERSALE begins Thu. Feb. 24 and runs from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., Fri. and Sat. from 10 a.m.- 8 p.m. and Sun. from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. at Dallas Market Hall. For more information and seminar schedules please go to http://www.dallasrvsupersale.com/.
2010 RV INDUSTRY REBOUND
- In 2010, RV manufacturers shipped 242,300 units, an increase of 46.2% from 2009.
- This was the highest annual total for RV shipments in the past three years.
- Shipments for the month of December totaled 18,300 units, 30.7% more than the same month in 2009.
- RV parks and campgrounds across the country report that reservations in 2010 increased 5% from 2009, which was one of the best years for campgrounds despite the economic recession. According to the National Park Service, RV visits to national parks rose 5% in 2010.
- RV shipments in 2011 will rise to 252,000 units, an increase of 4.0% from the 2010 total, according to a preliminary forecast by RV industry analyst and director of consumer surveys at the University of Michigan, Dr. Richard Curtin.
- Gains in the year ahead will be mainly due to improvements in retail sales rather than the restocking needs of the dealer networks.
RV Business Indicators, February 8, 2011(Prepared by Recreation Vehicle Industry Association)
SOURCE Dallas RV SUPERSALE