2012 Schick® Intuition® Brand Survey Reveals Women Need To Simplify Their Lives
Schick® Intuition® Brand Surveyed 1,000 Women To Find Out How Simple Their Lives Truly Are
10 Apr, 2012, 06:00 ET
SHELTON, Conn., April 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Schick® Intuition®, the only razor that lathers and shaves in one easy step set out to discover just how busy a woman's life is today and how they need to simplify a few of their daily routines. By partnering with Wakefield Research, Schick Intuition created the "2012 Simplicity Survey" – a national survey that reveals that being a woman in today's world is simply exhausting! Schick Intuition created this survey to bring their simplicity expertise to other areas of women's lives and make life easier.
Schick® Intuition® brand found that nearly 3 in 4 women (71%) say they have at least one girlfriend who needs to simplify her life. Just because women recognize it in others doesn't mean they think their lives are any easier–women still think their lives are harder than anyone else's.
Simplicity Survey Results:
Just another manic morning: Business woman, wife, mom—being a woman today is tiring and women aren't making it any easier on themselves. Three in four women (72%) regularly take on more than they can handle. For many, mornings don't always start off on the best note. Most women have a daily routine that extends far beyond what weekday mornings can accommodate. In fact, 60% of women wish they had more time to spend on their morning beauty routines.
The first sacrifice: Beauty routines! Juggling work, family and social life can take a toll on a woman. Always running around means a few things need to be taken out of the equation. The first to go – beauty and grooming. 29% of women feel stressed, overwhelmed or discouraged when it comes time to getting ready. When women are rushed to get out the door. 33% of women say shaving is the first activity to go. To save extra steps and make shaving "simple" and easy, the Schick® Intuition® razor would be an ideal addition to any busy woman's beauty routine. A one-stop razor and Skin Conditioning Solid™ in one, Schick® Intuition® razors allow a woman to just add water to achieve smooth and silky legs. Second activity to go – hair styling. 19% of women said, they would forgo styling their hair to get out the door on time.
Busy or not, women are always there to help: Despite busy schedules and never-ending to-do lists, over half of women (59%) are "yes" women who are willing to accommodate everyone and everything. When they're busy, finding "me time" can be difficult. Women only dedicate an average of 3 nights per week to themselves. It's even worse for some: 1 in 5 women (21%) never have "me time" during the week. What are women doing the other 4 days of the week? 73% are pining for a simpler life! The area women believe they need to cut back on is family and social obligations. In fact, 32% of women feel that fewer social and family obligations would help simplify their lives.
Me, Me, Me! Stress must be in the eye of the beholder as 31% of women say they have the most complicated life, followed by their best friend (21%), parents (20%), and significant other (20%). Whether it's managing household duties or clocking in at work, the majority of women with a significant other (54%) believe they handle stress better than their partner.
SIMPLICITY SURVEY RESULTS
- 71% of women have an average of 6 beauty products in their shower
- 72% of women say they take on more than they can handle
- 71% of women say they have girlfriends that need to simplify their lives, but can't or won't
- 59% of women say "yes" to everything regardless of their schedule
- 66% of women say they're in an "open relationship" with their beauty products
- 57% of women spend less than four nights a week relaxing with "me time"
- 54% of women say they handle stress better than their significant other
- 46% say their significant other handles stress better
- 32% of women think that reducing social and family obligations would help simplify their life
- 40% of women say simplifying to them is removing things that cause stress in their life
- 25% of women say simplifying means focusing on what is really important
- 56% of women find themselves wishing for a simpler life more than 4 days a week
- 40% of women believe that their work life is the most complicated part of their life
- 37% find home life to be the most complicated part of their life
- 23% say their love life is the most complicated part of their life
- 31% of women say they have the most complicated life in their social circle
- 42% of women have beauty products they never use
- 33% of women feel overwhelmed by the number of beauty products in their bathroom
- 36% of women say they are indifferent when it comes to emotions on their morning routine
- 33% of women say shaving their legs is the first grooming activity to be cut from their routine when feeling overwhelmed
Later this month, the Schick® Intuition® brand will use the learnings from this survey to make women's lives easier with the launch of the Simplicity Project on Facebook. It's a set of tools that will help women clear out the clutter and make room for what matters most to them; more details and information to come.
About Energizer Holdings, Inc.
Energizer Holdings, Inc. (ENR) is a consumer goods company operating globally in the broad categories of household and personal care products. We currently offer solutions in portable power, lighting, wet shave and personal grooming, skin care, feminine care and infant care. For more information, please visit: www.energizer.com.
Schick® Intuition® is manufactured by Energizer Personal Care. A leading manufacturer of razors and blades around the world, Energizer Personal Care is a division of Energizer Holdings Inc., headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. It ranks as the world's second largest manufacturer and marketer of wet shave products for men and women. Energizer Personal Care markets products in over 100 countries worldwide under the Schick and Wilkinson Sword brands. For more information on shaving and the Schick® Intuition® Limited Edition handles, visit facebook.com/schickintuition and twitter.com/schickintuition. ©2012 Energizer. Schick and Intuition and are trademarks of Energizer.
About Wakefield Research
Wakefield Research is an independent research consultancy specializing in strategic and tactical global research. Our staff – drawn from the worlds of research, marketing and media inform marketing, positioning, product development, and customer strategy for the most prominent brands in the marketplace. More information is available at www.wakefieldresearch.com.
SOURCE Schick Intuition
Share this article