DUBLIN, Ireland, December 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/blkvt9/north_american) has announced the addition of the "2013 Report on the North American Nuclear Medicine/Radiopharmaceuticals & Stable Isotopes Market - Forecast to 2017" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
Radiopharmaceuticals in neurological applications such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and dementia are also being preferred by practitioners besides conventional treatment. Further, upcoming radioisotopes such as Ra-223 (Alpharadin) and Ga-68 possess huge potential for clinical applications. The scheduled shutdown of the NRU reactor in 2016 in Canada is, however, a major threat for manufacturers.
The therapy market is predominantly driven by its oncologic applications. Since conventional treatment procedures of cancer, surgery and chemotherapy have significant side effects; radioisotopes are being preferred by medical practitioners due to minimum or no side effects. The radiopharmaceutical therapy market is expected to grow significantly with the launch of the much-desired Alpharadin (Ra-223) in the near future. This isotope has tremendous potential to take up market share of beta emitters and brachytherapy.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 North American Radiopharmaceuticals Market, By Isotope
5 North American Radiopharmaceuticals Market, By Application/Indications
6 North American Enriched Stable Isotopes Market
7 Geographic Analysis
8 Competitive Landscape
9 Company Profiles
- Australian Nuclear Association And Technology Organization (Ansto)
- Board Of Radiation And Isotope Technology (Brit)
- Bracco Imaging S.P.A.
- Cambridge Isotope Laboratories, Inc.
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- Covidien, Plc
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- Ge Healthcare (Subsidiary Of General Electric Company)
- Iba Group
- Institute Of Atomic Energy Polatom Radioisotope Centre
- Institute Of Isotopes Co., Ltd.
- Institute Of Radioelement (Ire)
- Isotec, Inc. (Sigma-Aldrich)
- Lantheus Medical Imaging, Inc.
- Nordion, Inc.
- Ntp Radioisotopes (Pty), Ltd.
- Petnet Solutions, Inc. (A Subsidiary Of Siemens Medical Solutions Usa, Inc.)
- Rotem Industries, Ltd., Inc.
- Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation
- Triad Isotopes, Inc.
- Urenco Limited
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/blkvt9/north_american
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets