REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Dec. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Genomic Health, Inc. (Nasdaq: GHDX) today announced that positive results from the second large, independent clinical validation study of Oncotype DX® in patients with DCIS (ductal carcinoma in situ) breast cancer will be featured in the press program of the 37th Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS) on December 12 at 7:30 a.m. Central Time (CT) in room 217D of the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center.
Conducted by the Ontario DCIS Study Group, the study demonstrated that the Oncotype DX DCIS Score™ predicted the risk of recurrence of DCIS or the development of a new invasive breast cancer in the same breast. The oral presentation of the primary analysis of the study results will occur on December 12 at 10:15 a.m. CT in Exhibit Hall D.
Results of additional studies will be presented as follows:
Wednesday, December 10
- Abstract S1-06: "Stromal tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes(S-TILs): In the alliance N9831 trial S-TILs are associated with chemotherapy benefit but not associated with trastuzumab benefit."Authors: Perez EA, Ballman KV, Anderson SK, Thompson EA, Badve SS, Bailey H, Baehner FL.Oral Presentation: Hall D, 10 – 10:15 a.m. CT
Thursday, December 11
- Abstract P3-06-35: "Association of estrogen receptor (ER) levels and prediction of antiproliferative effect of hormone therapy (HT) in lower ER-expressing tumors."Authors: Dixon JM, Turnbull A, Renshaw L, Rothney MP, Loman CA, Arthur L, Thomas JS, Young O, Murray J, Williams L, Sing AP, Cameron D.Poster Session: Exhibit Halls A-B, 5 – 7 p.m. CT
Friday, December 12
- Abstract P4-02-08: "Global quantitative measures using next-generation sequencing for breast cancer presence outperform individual tumor markets in plasma."Authors: Beasley EM, Abramson RD, Alexander GE, Chan D, Bradley K, Collin F, Crager M, Dei Rossi A, Dorado J, Friedman A, Gibb WJ, Jeong J, Jones C, Ku CJ, Ma Y, Morlan J, Qu K, Rao A, Scott A, Tezcan H. Poster Session: Exhibit Halls A-B, 7:30 – 9 a.m. CT
- Abstract P4-11-01: "Prognostic impact of discordance between different risk assessment tools in early breast cancer (Recurrence Score, Central Grade, K167): Early outcome analysis from the prospective phase III WSG-PlanB trial."Authors: Nitz U, Gluz O, Kates RE, Hofmann D, Kreipe HH, Christgen M, Shak S, Clemens M, Kraemer S, Aktas B, Kuemmel S, Reimer T, Kusche M, Heyl V, Lorenz-Salehi F, Just M, Liedtke C, Wuerstlein R, Harbeck N.Poster Session: Exhibit Halls A-B, 7:30 – 9 a.m. CT
Saturday, December 13
- Abstract P6-08-06: "The Multidisciplinary Application of Genomics in Clinical Practice (MAGIC) survey: Identification of early stage hormone receptor-positive (HR +), HER2-breast cancer (BC) patients for whom multigene assays may be valuable."Authors: Aapro M, Bargallo Rocha JE, De Laurentiis M, Elizalde R, Landherr L, Linderholm B, Mamounas T, Markopoulos C, Martin M, Neven P, Petrovsky A, Rea D, Rouzier R, Smit V, Svedman C, Thomssen C.Poster Session: Exhibit Hall C, 7:30 – 9 a.m. CT
About Oncotype DX®
The Oncotype DX® portfolio of breast, colon and prostate cancer tests applies advanced genomic science to reveal the unique biology of a tumor in order to optimize cancer treatment decisions. The company's flagship product, the Oncotype DX breast cancer test, has been shown to predict the likelihood of chemotherapy benefit as well as recurrence in invasive breast cancer. Additionally, the test predicts the likelihood of recurrence in a pre-invasive form of breast cancer called DCIS. With half a million patients tested in more than 70 countries, the Oncotype DX tests have redefined personalized medicine by making genomics a critical part of cancer diagnosis and treatment. To learn more about Oncotype DX breast cancer tests, visit: www.OncotypeDX.com or www.mybreastcancertreatment.org.
About Genomic Health
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of early-stage cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. The company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of massive amounts of genomic data into clinically-actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient's journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The company is based in Redwood City, California with European headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook and LinkedIn.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements relating to the company's belief that its tests optimize cancer treatment decisions; the company's belief that its tests have redefined personalized medicine by making genomics an indispensable part of cancer diagnosis and treatment; the company's belief that it is applying its infrastructure and expertise to lead the translation of genomic data into clinically-actionable results; the applicability of clinical study results to actual outcomes; the company's beliefs regarding the benefits and attributes of its tests; and the ability of the company to develop and commercialize additional tests in the future. Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially, and reported results should not be considered as an indication of future performance. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: the risks and uncertainties associated with the regulation of the company's tests; the results of clinical studies and their impact on reimbursement and adoption; the applicability of clinical study results to actual outcomes; the company's ability to develop and commercialize new tests and expand into new markets domestically and internationally; the risk that the company may not obtain or maintain sufficient levels of reimbursement, domestically or abroad, for its existing tests and any future tests it may develop; the risks of competition; unanticipated costs or delays in research and development efforts; the company's ability to obtain capital when needed and the other risks set forth in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the risks set forth in the company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2014. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. Genomic Health disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
NOTE: The Genomic Health logo, Oncotype, Oncotype DX, Recurrence Score, and DCIS Score are trademarks or registered trademarks of Genomic Health, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/2014-san-antonio-breast-cancer-symposium-to-feature-oncotype-dx-dcis-study-in-press-program-on-friday-december-12-300002962.html
SOURCE Genomic Health, Inc.