PRINCETON, N.J., May 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Tickets are now on sale for events in The Princeton Festival's (www.princetonfestival.org) 2015 season, June 6-28, with 23 performances in 11 musical genres at venues in the Princeton area. There are also a number of free lectures, previews and special events.
Stage performances range from Mozart's opera "Le Nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro)" to a concert by rising country music stars Striking Matches. Other genres include jazz, a Broadway musical, classical Indian music and dance, and a solo piano recital. Lecturers include famed theater and opera director Stephen Wadsworth, Emmy award-winning engineer Mark Schubin, and Michael Unger, who directed the premiere of this season's musical, the Tony award-winning "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee."
"This is the most varied season in our 11-year history," said Richard Tang Yuk, the Festival's general and artistic director. "The events on our roster range from pure fun to thought-provoking, all in professional productions with outstanding artists.
"We're also gratified by the participation of outstanding speakers in our educational and outreach activities. People coming to the Princeton area this June will have plenty to see and hear, and lots to enjoy."
In addition to its performances and free lectures, the Festival hosts a Piano Competition for young performers, drawing talented participants from the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond. There will also be free informal post-performance receptions where audiences can mingle and share their experiences.
Full descriptions of all offerings are available on the Festival website, with instructions for ordering tickets by phone, email, or online.
- A cappella jazz: featuring The Tribunes and West Side 5, Saturday, June 6, Taplin Auditorium in Fine Hall, Princeton University.
- Jazz: Falkner Evans Quintet, Sunday, June 7, Clark Music Center, The Lawrenceville School.
- Musical Comedy: "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee", June 12, 14, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28, Matthews Acting Studio, Lewis Center for the Arts, Princeton University, 185 Nassau St.
- Opera: Mozart's "Le Nozze de Figaro", Saturday, June 13, Sunday, June 21, Sunday, June 28, McCarter Theatre, Princeton.
- Piano Competition for Young Artists, Finals: Sunday, June 14, Clark Music Center, Lawrenceville
- Concordia Chamber Players: Saturday, June 20, All Saints Church, Princeton.
- Country Music: Striking Matches, Sunday, June 21, McAneny Theatre, Princeton Day School, Princeton.
- Baroque Music: Princeton Festival Baroque Orchestra, Wednesday, June 24, Miller Chapel, Princeton Theological Seminary.
- Piano Recital: Fei-Fei Dong (a Van Cliburn Competition finalist), Friday, June 26, Taplin Auditorium in Fine Hall, Princeton University.
- Choral Concert: Conducting masterclass participants with Dr. Jan Harrington, Saturday, June 27, Unitarian Universalist Church, Princeton.
- Indian Music and Dance: Pradhanica Indian Music and Dance, demo and workshop Sunday June 6, Clark Music Center, The Lawrenceville School; performance Saturday, June 27, Berlind Theatre, McCarter Theatre Center, Princeton.
For more information and a link to ticket sales (handled by McCarter Theater), visit www.princetonfestival.org. To purchase tickets by phone, call McCarter Theatre at 609-258-2787.
SOURCE Princeton Festival