2018 SKYN® Condoms Sex Survey Reveals The Realities Of Millennial Sex
16 Apr, 2018, 08:00 ET
Survey of Nearly 4,000 Sexually Active Millennials Refutes Assumptions and Tells the Truth about Millennial Sex
ISELIN, N.J., April 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- SKYN® Condoms ("SKYN") unveils today a new survey designed to analyze the behaviors, attitudes and preferences of sexually active millennials. Having surveyed nearly 4,000 individuals, findings from the 2018 SKYN Condoms Millennial Sex Survey highlight that the realities of millennial sex challenge many preconceived notions about the generation.
A generation that is widely criticized for risky sexual behavior and often lauded for their opinions on equality and empowerment, some significant findings from the survey showcase that perceptions do not always equal reality. Results reveal that when it comes to sex, millennials are:
- Quick to Judge: While respondents claim they do not think of women or men differently for having multiple sexual partners, 54% of respondents say they perceive women negatively for having multiple sexual partners. Women are especially hard on each other, with 61% of females of looking poorly at women for having multiple partners.
- Flashing the Camera: Compared to SKYN's 2017 Survey, females had a spike in sending nudes YoY of +22% with 41% sending nudes at least once per week.
- Swiping Right Less: Compared to SKYN's 2017 Sex Survey, fewer millennials are using dating apps, with only 21% of respondents using free or paid online dating sites, online classifieds, mobile apps, or social media to find a sexual partner.
- Taking Risks Outside of the Bedroom: Condom users are more adventurous with their sex locations than non-condom users with 37.4% of condom users sharing that they have had sex either in a car, on a car, in an airplane, school, church, party, outside, in a hot tub or pool, at the beach or in a phone booth.
- Faking It: Although more women "rarely to never" fake orgasms, women are more likely to be fakers than men are, with 63% of females reporting that they have faked an orgasm, compared to 43% of males. Only 12% of females report faking orgasm "always" or "most of the time."
- Getting Freakier with Age: Older millennial respondents (aged 30-36) are using kinkier sexual accessories, with 42% incorporating anal beads, 37% using handcuffs, 42% videotaping sexual encounters, and 39% using whips.
In addition to questions related to sexual behaviors, the 2018 SKYN Condoms Millennial Sex Survey asked nearly 4,000 sexually active millennials across the U.S. detailed information about their sex lives, including favorite positions, occasions resulting in the most sex, partner preferences, bedroom confidence, and much more. Additional findings include:
- Smart is Sexy: More respondents think that having a sense of humor, being smart and good looks are sexy attributes. For men, being good looking is the sexiest attribute, followed by sense of humor, being fun, and honest. For females, sense of humor, being smart, and confidence are the sexiest attributes.
- Save A Horse: Doggy-style is respondents' favorite sexual position in 2018 with 31% of men and women saying it was their top sexual position followed by missionary and cowgirl.
- Let's Get Political: Republicans are having sex more frequently than Democrats with 77% of Republicans reporting having sex at least once per week compared to 68% of Democrats. While Republicans are having more sex, Democrats are using condoms most frequently with 66% of democrats using condoms 'always', 'most of the time' or 'sometimes.'
- Red is the New Blonde: Redheads reported having sex the most frequently with 77% saying they have sex at least once per week. 50% of redheads also say that they sext at least once a week
- Sex > Coffee: When asked if they would rather go one full year without having sex or one full year without drinking coffee, 80% of all respondents said they would give up the coffee for sex.
- Eggplants and Peaches, Oh My!: When asked about sexting habits, many respondents shared that they use emojis with 44% of males and 33% of females using emojis while sexting at least once per week.
"Millennials are our strongest consumer today and make up the majority of our customer base," says Jeyan Heper, Chief Executive Officer of LifeStyles Healthcare. "Our annual survey allows us to further uncover the sexual preferences, trends and desires of sexually active millennials of our core demographic and create products and tools to enhance pleasure and better sexual health."
For more results from the SKYN Condoms by LifeStyles 2018 Millennial Sex Survey, please contact [email protected]. To connect with the brand and discover condom giveaways, sex tips, stats and more, join us on Facebook and Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/LifeStylesNorthAmerica and www.twitter.com/lifestylesUSA.
Conducted by AMP Agency on behalf of LifeStyles and SKYN Condoms, the survey targeted males and females between 19 – 36 years of age, of all sexuality and relationship types, who were sexually active in the last 3 months. The survey was conducted from December 1st, 2017 to December 30th, 2017. A total of 3,938 respondents answered 81 questions and completed the survey online via email. The margin of error (MOE) for all respondents is +/-1.6% at a 95% confidence interval based on the principals of probability sampling theory reaching a nationally representative sample of the United States and Canada.
About SKYN Condoms by LifeStyles
Based out of Iselin, NJ, the SKYN brand of condoms was launched by LifeStyles in 2008 as the first-ever polyisoprene, non-latex condom that met all the U.S. Food and Drug Administration requirements for safety and efficacy. The SKYN collection is the latest extension of the LifeStyles brand portfolio, which was launched in the U.S. in 1985. SKYN is the leading non-latex condom brand, and LifeStyles' core latex brands, such as LifeStyles, Jissbon, MANIX, Unimil and Blowtex, have 120 collective years of history, deeply rooted in each local market globally. More information on SKYN condoms can be found at www.SKYN.com.
About AMP Agency
AMP Agency is a full-service marketing agency with offices in Boston, New York City, and Los Angeles. At AMP, we believe in better ideas created a different way. It's in our heritage. Through the years, we've morphed from a non-traditional marketing agency into a full-service shop. Today, we're a 250+ team of intellectually curious individuals who are eager to solve your business challenges. We're proud to work with amazing clients including industry leaders like Ansell Healthcare, Maybelline New York, Hasbro and Collette Travel.
For more information, please visit our website www.ampagency.com.
SOURCE SKYN Condoms by LifeStyles
Share this article