GIG HARBOR, Wash., Aug. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As families nationwide gear up for the new school year, 24/7 Moms reveals its picks for the top-five free apps to help busy families everywhere take the stress out of back-to-school prep. These innovative, feature-packed apps help moms and dads plan, shop and save with ease, making the back-to-school transition easier and a lot more fun!
"From shopping to scheduling, we know how hectic and challenging the back-to-school season can be, for kids and parents alike," said Trisha Novotny, Founder, 24/7 Moms. "These five free apps are great tools for helping families save time and money, and making sure that this back-to-school season is the best one yet!"
Below are 24/7 Moms' recommendations for the five most must-have free apps for back-to-school:
- Best app for back-to-school shopping: Flipp is a shopper's best friend! Flipp allows users to browse through hundreds of digital circulars from all of their favorite retailers, right on their mobile device. The search and clip features allow users to find specific items on sale and seamlessly create a shopping list to make planning ahead, and in-store shopping, easy. With Flipp, everything is available digitally for easy savings, anytime, anywhere. Available for iOS and Android.
- Best app for back-to-school lunch preparation: LaLa Lunchbox makes lunch prep as easy as 1-2-3 by letting kids suggest and help plan their favorite meals. LaLa Lunchbox helps teach kids about healthy food choices as they browse through the customizable food library, turning their "picks" into a readymade shopping list for mom and dad. Available for iOS.
- Best app for keeping the family's back-to-school schedule on track: Cozi Family Organizer is an app that the whole family can share – and the latest way to manage each member's schedule. Cozi Family Organizer enables families to keep track of their calendars, letting them edit appointments, set reminders, share grocery lists, and more, all on one account! Available for iOS and Android.
- Best app for back-to-school organization: Wunderlist lends a helping hand to busy parents on-the-go by allowing them to keep a handle on their everyday to-do lists. Wunderlist eliminates the need for paper notes, as users create and share their own lists and collaborate on projects directly on their phone! Available for iOS and Android.
- Best app for back-to-school homework help: A helpful digital planner for students of all ages, myHomework tracks assignments and exam dates, giving parents and kids a bird's eye view of what's coming up in the weeks and months ahead, so they'll never be caught unprepared on test days or when homework is due. Available for iOS and Android.
About 24/7 Moms
24/7 Moms has been created by Moms for Moms who understand that this thing called motherhood can actually be an adventure all on its own – scary, yet exciting, challenging, yet rewarding, full of ups and downs. Whether you go by Mom, Mother, Mommy or Mama we all have one thing in common – we need other moms.24/7 Moms is a place to be inspired, equipped and connected as we travel this motherhood adventure together. Trisha Novotny, founder of 24/7 Moms, is passionate about keeping it simple as she makes every moment count along the mom journey. Currently surviving five kids from elementary to college, Trisha understands the life and needs of a Mom, which inspired her to create the 24/7 Moms website and community.
212.584.1133; [email protected]
SOURCE 24/7 Moms