LANDOVER, Md., July 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- 2U, Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU) today published its third annual Impact Report, demonstrating the value of 2U-powered programs through the lens of individual, institutional, industry, and community impact. A leading provider of cloud-based software-as-a-service technology fused with technology-enabled services, 2U partners with leading nonprofit colleges and universities to deliver the world's best online degree programs.
"2U was founded on the belief that there would be a long-term correlation between our success as a company and quality student outcomes," said Chip Paucek, 2U CEO and co-founder. "2U's annual Impact Report demonstrates how we deliver on our mission to help our university partners create and scale high-quality educational opportunities with the strongest return -- for the individual student, the institutions they attend, the industries they work in, and the communities where they work and live."
To date, 2U partners with 14 university partners for 32 programs across 21 different degree verticals. A total of 21,171 students from all U.S. states and the District of Columbia, as well as 75 countries, have graduated or are still enrolled in 2U-powered degree programs.
2U's Impact Report highlights include:
- Since inception, 83% of students in 2U-powered programs are still enrolled or have graduated.
- 2U has supported 261,386 live class sessions on its Platform, inception to date.
- 2U-powered programs have driven $1.2 billion in attrition-adjusted tuition bookings for 2U's university partners.
- Institutions that have launched a 2U-powered program have experienced a 20 to 80 percent increase in Google searches for their school brands.
- 2U has procured 28,037 total student field placements, inception to date, for programs that require clinical or practical placements to provide students the real-world experience they need to succeed in their chosen fields.
- Students in 2U-powered programs have spent 6,464,080 cumulative fieldwork hours at social work, counseling, teaching, and nursing placement sites, supporting communities nationwide.
- 2U-powered social work programs are projected to produce more than 5% of the nation's master of social work degree graduates by 2016. 2U-powered public health programs are projected to produce more than 5% of the nation's master of public health degree graduates by 2017.
As part of the company's ongoing commitment to impact and outcomes, 2U also announced today that it is providing up to $250,000 in grants to faculty members and academic leaders at 2U partner universities to pursue research contributing to the understanding and improvement of student outcomes in programs delivered predominantly online.
The number of grants issued and the award amounts are at the discretion of the selection committees. The final judges and reviewers of the proposals will be: Peter Lange, professor of political science and public policy and provost emeritus at Duke University; Alan Arkatov, Katzman/Ernst Chair in Educational Entrepreneurship, Technology and Innovation at USC Rossier; and Eddie Maloney, executive director of The Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship and a professor at Georgetown University.
About 2U, Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U partners with leading colleges and universities to deliver the world's best online degree programs so students everywhere can reach their full potential. Our Platform, a fusion of cloud-based software-as-a-service technology and technology-enabled services, provides schools with the comprehensive operating infrastructure they need to attract, enroll, educate, support and graduate students globally. Blending live face-to-face classes, dynamic course content and real-world learning experiences, 2U's No Back Row® approach ensures that every qualified student can experience the highest quality university education for the most successful outcome.
Shirley Chow, 2U, Inc.
SOURCE 2U, Inc.