AUSTIN, Texas, Sept. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- 34 million U.S. adults have already begun holiday shopping, including approximately one million who are completely finished, according to a new CreditCards.com report. There are still 87 shopping days (about a quarter of a year) before Christmas.
Click here for more information:
"Most Americans are annoyed by these overachievers," said Matt Schulz, CreditCards.com's senior industry analyst. "The majority thinks stores should begin putting up their holiday displays and advertising holiday sales around Thanksgiving."
- 74% agree with the statement, "It's annoying that the holiday shopping season has gotten earlier," including 48% who strongly agree.
- Most people (58%) still like to do the bulk of their holiday shopping in stores. 21% favor computers and 11% prefer mobile devices.
- One in four U.S. adults plan to make all of their holiday purchases by the end of November.
- 19% of those with children under age 18 have already bought at least one holiday gift, compared with 12% of non-parents.
- 18% of southerners have started versus just 10% of westerners.
The survey was conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates International. PSRAI obtained telephone interviews with a nationally representative sample of 1,000 adults living in the continental United States. Interviews were conducted by landline (500) and cell phone (500, including 316 without a landline phone) in English and Spanish by Princeton Data Source from September 15-18, 2016. Statistical results are weighted to correct known demographic discrepancies. The margin of sampling error for the complete set of weighted data is plus or minus 3.8 percentage points.
CreditCards.com is a leading online credit card marketplace, bringing consumers and credit card issuers together. At its free website, consumers can compare hundreds of credit card offers from America's leading issuers and banks and apply securely, online. CreditCards.com is also a destination site for consumers wanting to learn more about credit cards. Offering advice, news, features, statistics and tools, CreditCards.com helps consumers make smart choices about credit cards. In 2015, over 27 million unique visitors used CreditCards.com to find the right credit card to suit their needs.
For More Information:
Public Relations Director
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/34-million-have-already-started-holiday-shopping-300336360.html