WASHINGTON, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- 3D Communications today announced the formation of a Cardiovascular Advisory Board to further support 3D's work in preparing clients for FDA regulatory submissions and advisory committee meetings.
The Cardiovascular Advisory Board is made of of current and former FDA Advisory Committee members and clinicians and surgeons with extensive FDA approval experience. The Board includes:
- William Hiatt, MD, Chief of Vascular Medicine and Professor for Cardiovascular Research of medicine in the Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology at the University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine. Dr. Hiatt is a current member of the FDA's Endocrinologic and Metabolic Advisory Committee, and the past Chair of FDA's Cardiovascular and Renal Drug Advisory Committee. He is also the president of CPC Clinical Research, a university of Colorado affiliated non-profit clinical trials organization.
- Sanjay Kaul, MD, Cardiologist at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California, and Professor of Medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. Dr. Kaul recently finished his term as a permanent voting member of the Cardiovascular and Renal Drugs Advisory Committee, and is a frequent temporary voting member of the Endocrine and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee.
- Peter R Kowey, MD, Chief of the Division of Cardiovascular Diseases at the Main Line Health System in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania, the William Wikoff Smith Chair in Cardiovascular Research at the Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, and Professor of Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology at the Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia. Dr. Kowey served as a voting member of the Cardiovascular and Renal Drugs Advisory Committee, and the Cardiovascular Devices Committee of the FDA.
- Martin B. Leon, MD, Director of the Center for Interventional Vascular Therapy and the Catheterization Laboratories at Columbia University Medical Center/New York-Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Leon is a specialist in interventional cardiology and structural and valvular medicine and has had 30 years of experience a a clinical trialist. Prior to his position at Columbia, Dr. Leon was a Senior Investigator at the National Institutes of Health.
- Darren McGuire, MD, MHSc Director of the Parkland Hospital and Health System's Outpatient Cardiology clinics in Dallas, and Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Texas-Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. McGuire recently finished his term as a permanent voting member of the Cardiovascular and Renal Drugs Advisory Committee.
"This distinguished group of cardiovascular and regulatory experts will work with 3D to help companies which have cardiovascular drugs or devices going to the FDA for approval, or have potential cardiovascular issues on products in other indications," says Jim DiBiasi, partner at 3D Communications. "FDA's increasing focus on cardiovascular risk across a wide range of indications from diabetes to obesity, makes the timing of our Cardiovascular Advisory Board especially important."
3D's Cardiovascular Advisory Board augments 3D's Scientific and Regulatory Advisory Board. Both boards provide 3D Communications with guidance and ad hoc support to help clients prepare for FDA interactions and FDA advisory committee meetings. For more information on the advisory boards, visit http://www.3dcommunications.us/who.html#Advisory or call 202-236-4625.
3D Communications is a strategic communications firm that prepares companies for high-stakes regulatory presentations, meetings, and media interviews. Our expertise lies in transforming highly complex information into clear and persuasive communications. 3D's team of seasoned experts use a proven process, based on proprietary tools, to help companies succeed. Our services include strategic analysis, messaging, content development, speaker and media training, crisis management, and preparation for early and late-stage regulatory communications. For more information, visit www.3dcommunications.us.
SOURCE 3D Communications