NEW YORK, April 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The global 3D printing plastics market, according to scenario one, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 25.7% between 2015 and 2020, and is estimated to reach USD 692.2 million by 2020, whereas scenario two predicts market to reach USD 822.7 million by 2020, at a CAGR of 34.6% from 2017 to 2020. A key driving factor for the growth of the 3D printing plastics market are the decreasing crude oil price, which indirectly affects the plastics prices, and availability of wide range of grades as per different applications. The report covers the global 3D printing plastics market segmented on the basis of type, form, application, end-user industry, and region.
"ABS expected to grow at the highest CAGR":
The global 3D printing plastics market is classified based on different types. The types include photopolymers, ABS, PLA, polyamide/nylon, and others. In the 3D printing plastics market, ABS is estimated to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period. ABS is gaining popularity very rapidly due to increasing demand of ABS filament in FDM or FFM technology due to its mechanical properties over other general grades such as PLA and nylon used in FDM. It is most commonly used in commercial applications.
"APAC the fastest-growing region in the 3D printing plastics market"
The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2015 and 2020. The growth is attributed to various end-user industries, such as healthcare, consumer goods, and aerospace & defense in this region. The 3D printing industry in this region is largely concentrated in South East Asian region, which is one of the leading markets in term of industrial application. China is the fastest-growing market in the region with low average prices. The cost of raw material plastics is less in Asia-Pacific due to easy availability which promises high growth potential for 3D printing in coming years. It will also help Asia-Pacific to emerge as a global supplier for 3D printing plastics.
Several primary interviews with market experts have been conducted across four major regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (Saudi Arabia and Brazil). The primary participants considered for the study are C level executives, managers, and D level executives of the tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3 companies.
- By Company Type - Tier 1 – 11.1%, Tier 2 – 33.3%, Tier 3 – 55.6%
- By Designation – C Level – 20.0%, Director level – 10.0%, Others - 70.0%
- By Region - North America – 41.7%, Europe - 33.3%, Asia-Pacific - 16.7%, RoW - 8.3%
The key companies in this market are 3D Systems Corporation (U.S.), Arkema S.A. (France), Stratasys Ltd. (U.S.), Royal DSM N.V. (The Netherlands), EOS GmbH Electro Optical Systems (Germany), CRP Group (U.S.), Envisiontec GmbH (Germany), Materialise NV (Belgium), Oxford Performance Materials (U.S.), and Golden Plastics (Hong Kong).
"Reasons to buy the report":
- This report includes the market statistics pertaining to type, form, application, end users, and region along with their respective revenues.
- The Porter's five forces framework has been utilized along with the value chain analysis to provide in-depth insights into the 3D printing plastics market.
- Major drivers, restraints, and opportunities for the 3D printing plastics market have been detailed in this report.
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for the markets based on type, form, application, end user, and region have been conducted to give an overall view of the 3D printing plastics market.
- A detailed competitive landscape includes key players, in-depth analysis, and revenue of key players.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03713471-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/3d-printing-plastic-market-by-type-by-form-by-application-by-end-user-industry-and-by-region---global-forecasts-to-2020-300249400.html