NEW YORK, April 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Organizers for the Chief Digital Officer (CDO) Summit, sponsored by Capgemini, one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology, and outsourcing services, today announced speakers and additional sponsors for the third annual U.S. event on April 29, 2015, at Thomson Reuters in New York City.
The CDO role is increasingly important for incumbent organizations to survive digital disruption.
- Since 2000, 52% of F500 companies have gone bankrupt, been acquired, or ceased to exist, according to Capgemini's Digital Transformation Review.
- New CDO hires have doubled every year since 2005, and now total over 1,000 globally, according to the CDO Club, the world's first and largest community of C-suite digital leaders.
- The White House recently nominated its first-ever Chief Digital Officer, Jason Goldman, and its first-ever Chief Data Scientist, DJ Patil, in Q1 2015.
To help participants understand what it takes to lead digital transformation initiatives, the CDO Summit will feature four sessions from leaders of Capgemini Consulting, the global strategy and digital transformation consulting arm of the Capgemini Group:
- Chief Digital Officer Fernando Alvarez will discuss how to unlock the potential of Big Data to tackle digital disruption. Alvarez has been honored as one of the 100 most influential U.S. Hispanic business leaders by Hispanic Business magazine, and has received Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- Senior Vice President and Global Practice Leader Dr. Didier Bonnet will highlight findings from a multiyear research initiative with MIT that was showcased in his book Leading Digital, which business book distributor 800 CEO-READ called a "must-read" for digital leaders.
- Vice President, North America Practice Lead, Business Information Management Jeffrey T. Hunter will moderate a panel on "Finding a Needle in the Big Data Haystack" with Christine Hung, Executive Director, Data Science & Engineering at the New York Times; Amen Mashariki, Chief Analytics Officer at NYC Mayor's Office of Data Analytics; Haile Owusu, PhD, Chief Data Scientist at Mashable; and John Caldwell, SVP Market Development & Business Operations at Neustar.
- Vice President, North America Practice Lead, Digital Customer Experience Tony Fross will moderate a panel covering the challenges of digital transformation with Johanna Murphy, Chief Marketing Officer & Digital Director at Ivanka Trump; Jaime Punishill, Head of Cross Channel Customer Strategy at TIAA-CREF; Ralph Rivera, Director, BBC Digital; and Jonathan Sackett, President and CEO at MashburnSackett.
Other keynote speakers at the CDO Summit include Alexander van Boetzelaer, Managing Director of R&D Solutions at Elsevier Inc.; Keyvan Peymani, Managing Director of Digital Strategy at ICM Partners; Michael Burgess, President of HBC Digital at Hudson's Bay Company, and Michael Ellis, CEO and President of ForgeRock.
The featured speaker this year is Jeremiah Owyang, founder of Crowd Companies, who will discuss the disruptive impact of the "Collaborative Economy" (Airbnb, Uber, Udacity, Indiegogo, Bitcoin, et. al.) on incumbent organizations and business models, and will recommend how CDOs should respond.
Additional presentations will feature digital executives of companies and organizations from a diverse set of sectors, such as Alex and Ani, Bayer, the Harvard Business Review, IBM, Ivanka Trump, Mashable, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Staples, Thomson Reuters, UNICEF, and Universal Mind, among others.
The complete list of speakers is here: http://nyc.cdosummit.com/#Speakers
In addition to the title sponsor, Capgemini, and the host, Thomson Reuters, additional sponsors for the CDO Summit NYC 2015 include Elsevier, Forgerock, MutualMind, Universal Mind, Chadick Ellig, and Baubox.
"The CDO Summit continues to provide an intimate environment that allows all participants to have insightful conversations and make meaningful connections with leading digital executives at some of the world's most prominent organizations," said David Mathison, Curator of the CDO Summit and founder of the CDO Club.
All previous CDO Summits have sold out of attendee tickets, weeks in advance. Limited-seating tickets are available at http://nyc.cdosummit.com/register.
About the CDO Summit
The CDO Summit addresses the challenges and opportunities arising from Big Data, the cloud, digital disruption, and social and mobile media. Our gatherings include some of the best digital strategists and practitioners on earth, in intimate, collegial, and supportive environments designed to encourage networking, learning, and knowledge-sharing. More at http://CDOSummit.com
About the CDO Club
The CDO Club is the world's first and largest community of C-suite digital leaders. Our 1,000+ members receive access to breaking news, original research, career development support, networking opportunities, and inspirational events such as the CDO Summit. More at http://CDOClub.com
Curator, CDO Club
SOURCE CDO Club