SAN DIEGO, Sept. 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- San Diego may be the eighth largest city in the United States, however they are also among the top 10 cities with the worst drinking water. Colepepper Services, a HomeAdvisor top rated company serving the greater San Diego area, encourages residents to understand the value of investing in a water treatment service.
"It's no secret that San Diego's water is not the best," said Mitch Kenney, owner of Colepepper Services. "There are a number of contaminants and harsh minerals that can be found in our water supply, and if you're not filtering your water, you're potentially drinking them. They can cause problems, and most people are unaware of them."
San Diego's water comes from three primary sources: northern California, the Colorado River, and local rainwater runoff. The salinity of the Colorado River water jeopardizes its drinkability, and if not treated properly can cause severe dehydration.
A water filtration system flushes out all impurities to create safe drinking water. Filtration will make water taste and smell better because it has been restored to its original state.
Kenney and his team at Colepepper Services offers the following tips on the importance of water treatment:
- Water hardness - Water in the form of rain or snow is considered soft water because it is mineral free. When soft water seeps into the earth it picks up minerals like magnesium, calcium, hydrogen sulfide and iron. While typically these minerals are thought of as safe and beneficial, they can have the opposite effect on water. This same water is often used as a water supply, as in the case with the Colorado River. Using this hard water can bring harm in several ways:
- Increased heating and electric bills
- Shortened lifespan of household appliances
- Residue on showers, baths, and sinks
- Skin problems and irritation.
- Hygiene - Even if residents avoid drinking the water, exposure can still occur through bathing or showering. The contaminants can be absorbed through the skin. Hard water can also initiate or aggravate skin allergies. Water treatment will eliminate these toxins and provide soft water for bathing.
- Cost efficiency - Water treatment will save homeowners time and money in the long run. Water filtration is economically beneficial because it purifies water efficiently to every in-home water source without the wasted time with boiling water. Since this is a one-time installation that can be used year after year, costs will be reduced overall.
- Positive health effects - Clean water is needed for our bodies to function properly. Without clean water, we are left susceptible to an array of health problems. Children and pregnant women have weaker immune systems and can easily contract sickness and infections when exposed to unsafe water. Filtration systems keep bad minerals out and good minerals in – like alkaline. Alkaline is a mineral that is beneficial to health as it neutralizes acid in the body.
- Environmentally friendly - Installing an in-home water purification system will allow residents to drink straight from the sink and avoid buying jugs of water. In turn, this will cut down on the amount of plastic being recycled as well as having a positive impact on reducing the carbon footprint.
For San Diego residents who would like to learn more about Colepepper Services' water filtration and purification options that fit any home's budget, call 619-838-1322 to speak with a licensed professional or visit www.colepepperservices.com.
About Colepepper Services
Colepepper Services, rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau, is a third generation family-owned and operated plumbing, heating and cooling business serving San Diego and surrounding areas. Backed by a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, Colepepper offers plumbing, drain and sewer repair, toilet repair, water filtration and gas leak detection. Colepepper Services has been awarded Best Plumbers in San Diego by Expertise, the Super Service Award by Angie's List, and Top Rated Elite Service Provider for HomeAdvisor. For more information, call 619-838-1322 or visit http://www.colepepperservices.com/.
President, Ripley PR
SOURCE Colepepper Services