CHARLOTTE, N.C., March 11, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Private brands in North American retail are undergoing a major transformation as innovative retailers are counting on store brands to lead their future growth strategies. This dynamic will be showcased at the upcoming Velocity: The My Private Brand Conference, April 29 to May 1, 2019, in Charlotte, North Carolina. Presenters will include Jack Pestello, Senior Vice President of Private Brands and Manufacturing, Walmart U.S.; Gil Phipps, VP of Branding, Marketing & Our Brands, The Kroger Co.; Tim Cox, Director of Creative Services, Publix Super Markets, and Jeff Gamsey, VP of Private Brands, Boxed.com.
"Private brand trends are being driven by a group of visionary leaders and a series of unprecedented changes involving consumers and competitors," said Christopher Durham, founder of Velocity.
FIVE KEY PRIVATE BRAND TRENDS
Durham pointed to five critical developments that conference speakers will address:
- Private brands are in the driver's seat: It's no longer just about retail organizations driving their private brands; it's about private brands accelerating the retailers. Companies are now embracing innovative brands that differentiate rather than merely copy national brand products.
- Competitors and shoppers raise the stakes: The merger of Whole Foods Market and Amazon.com, the U.S. entry of hard discount retailer Lidl, and the rapid shifts in preferences by shoppers are leading retailers to fully embrace innovative store brand strategies.
- Scale is no longer a limitation: Success today isn't as much about the size of a retail organization, as it is about the level of innovation. Whether it's the world's largest retailer or a disruptive online retail upstart, organizations can develop innovative strategies that fit various scale requirements.
- Best practices are relevant across retail channels: Winning strategies are not specific to a retail channel like grocery or drug. They cut across retail channels. The key is to embrace creativity and stay on the front lines of rapidly shifting consumer demands. This will be evident at Velocity from presenters representing many retail sectors.
- Collaboration is essential to success: Building innovative private brands is becoming less transactional and requiring more retailer-supplier engagement. Velocity supports this through a format that fosters one-on-one connections.
MORE ABOUT THE VELOCITY CONFERENCE:
Vertex Awards Program: A special feature of Velocity is The Vertex Awards: International Private Brand Design Competition, Celebration, and Exhibit. This year more than 70 winners from 33 countries will receive awards and be featured in an exhibit.
Influential Attendees: The conference draws an audience of senior executives in retail, brand development, packaging, printing, brokerage, manufacturing, advertising, marketing, and design.
Innovation Expo: Velocity presents a curated collection of exhibitors displaying innovative goods and services.
Registration: For more information, and to register, visit http://mpbvelocity.com.
Christopher Durham, founder of the Velocity Conference and the My Private Brand website, is available for media interviews about industry trends and the Velocity event. Complimentary media registration is also available.
SOURCE Velocity: The My Private Brand Conference