54% of Journalists Follow PR Pros on Social Media, MyPRGenie Survey Finds
New "What Do Journalists Want from PR?" survey results to be shared in free webinar on April 29 -- featuring expert panel
12 Apr, 2011, 08:00 ET
NEW YORK, April 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- (http://www.myprgenie.com/) -- MyPRGenie, the leading social media newswire and publicity engine, has conducted an in-depth media survey of journalists across various beats to uncover emerging media trends, asking how reporters prefer to field pitches and press releases in the digital era and how companies can use social media to work more effectively with the press.
The survey received over 2,400 media responses. Findings included several striking journalistic trends:
- 90% of media respondents still prefer to field press releases via email
- 62% of media respondents use Facebook in their reporting
- 54% follow and friend corporate communications and PR pros on Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook
Complete results will be revealed in a free 60-minute webinar entitled "What Do Journalists Want? New Rules of Media Relations in the Digital Era" on Friday, April 29 at 1 p.m. EDT. The event will be hosted by MyPRGenie in partnership with CommPRO.biz. Register online at: http://bit.ly/twitter429.
The webinar panel will include, among others:
- Peter Himler, President, Flatiron Communications; Publicity Club of New York
- Miranda Tan, CEO, MyPRGenie
- Brian Pittman, Partner, CommPRO.biz
- Richard M. Murphy, Chief Content Officer, Social Media Today; Contributing Editor, Fortune Magazine
- Chris Elliott, Blogger, Travel Editor, Business Writer & Consumer Advocate, National Geographic Traveler, The Washington Post
- Lewis Lazare, Former Marketing and Advertising Columnist, The Chicago-Sun Times
All registrants for the webinar will receive a free white paper detailing survey findings and outlining best practices and tips for working more effectively in the digital era. Those interested in attending the webinar should register on the CommPRO.biz website, http://bit.ly/twitter429.
MyPRGenie is social media newswire and publicity engine with access to over 540,000 global media contacts. Using MyPRGenie, you can create an online newsroom, upload your press releases, photos and videos and significantly increase online exposure. For more information, please visit www.myprgenie.com. Sign up now. It's free and easy.
For more information about MyPRGenie, contact Miranda Tan ([email protected]) or visit www.myprgenie.com.
An acronym for "Communications Professional Resources Online," CommPRO.biz is the online source for the tips, tools, trends and training marketing communications professionals need to be successful. CommPRO.biz reaches 57,000+ marcom professionals with its "Daily Headlines" and enjoys 16,000+ site visitors per month. Its founders include Fay Shapiro (Producer), Todd Fabacher (EVP and Webmaster) and Brian Pittman (Content Director). The team brings together a wealth of experience in publishing and services targeted to the PR and communications sector, including webinars and events. Brian Pittman serves as moderator for all CommPRO.biz events, and is regarded as the "Larry King of Webinars."
Contact: Jeri Rosenblum, [email protected], 212 807 8300 ext 154
SOURCE MyPRGenie, Inc.
Share this article