DUBLIN, Jan 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Schizophrenia - 5EU Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025" report to their offering.
The author estimates that drug sales for schizophrenia in the 5EU reached $806.5m in 2015.
Schizophrenia is a heterogeneous behavioral and cognitive syndrome involving chronic or recurrent psychosis. The disorder is characterized by several symptom domains including positive symptoms (such as hallucinations or delusions and disorganized speech), negative symptoms (such as a flat affect and poverty of speech), and cognitive deficits (including attention, memory, and executive functions). A multitude of antipsychotic products are currently available for the pharmacological management of schizophrenia, many of which are already available as inexpensive generics.
As with the US market, a number of brands available in the 5EU are expected to face generic erosion following patent expiry during the forecast period.
The patents protecting Janssen's Invega, Invega Sustenna (known as Xeplion within the 5EU), and Risperdal Consta; AstraZeneca's Seroquel; Eli Lilly's Zyprexa (known as Zypadhera); and Allergan's Vraylar (marketed by Gedeon Richter in the 5EU) are all due to expire throughout the forecast period, leaving the 5EU to become widely genericized and limiting sales growth in these markets.
- Overview of Schizophrenia including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in the 5EU including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in the 5EU from 2015-2025.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the 5EU Schizophrenia market.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
3 Disease Overview
4 Disease Management
- Treatment Initiation
- Maintenance Treatment
- Treatment of Breakthrough Episodes
- Long-Acting Injectables
- Acute Agitation
- Adjunctive Psychotherapy
5 Competitive Assessment
- Abilify (aripiprazole)
- Aristada (aripiprazole lauroxil)
- Clozapine (widely genericized)
- Fanapt (iloperidone)
- Geodon (ziprasidone)
- Invega (paliperidone)
- Latuda (lurasidone)
- Lonasen (blonanserin)
- Rexulti (brexpiprazole)
- Risperdal (risperidone)
- Saphris (asenapine)
- Seroquel (quetiapine)
- Vraylar (cariprazine)
- Zyprexa (olanzapine)
5.3 Product Profiles - Typical Antipsychotics
- Typical Antipsychotics
- Adasuve (Staccato loxapine)
5.4 Other Therapeutic Classes
6 Unmet Needs and Opportunities
- Development of Cognitive-Enhancing Drugs
- Development of Drugs to Treat Negative Symptoms
- Improved Treatment Options for Treatment-Resistant Patients
- Development of Drugs with Enhanced Safety Profiles
- Development of Drugs to Increase Compliance
7 Pipeline Assessment
- Lu AF35700
- Risperidone implant
- Risperidone ISM
- Other Drugs in Development
8 Market Outlook
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n893vh/schizophrenia
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/5eu-schizophrenia-drug-forecasts-and-market-analysis-2016-2025-drug-sales-reached-8065m-in-2015---research-and-markets-300394609.html
SOURCE Research and Markets