Latest report says between 2019 and 2025, the 5G network infrastructure market to aggressively grow at a CAGR of nearly 70%, eventually accounting for $28 billion in annual spending by the end of 2025. These infrastructure investments will be complemented by annual shipments of up to 520 Million 5G-capable devices.
MRC announces an addition of a new study based research on the market condition of the 5G wireless ecosystem to their suite of offerings. It provides a comprehensive analysis of the emerging 5G wireless ecosystem with thorough details about various crucial factors that impact the market growth like market drivers, impediments, trends and technologies, operator strategies, vertical market applications, spectrum bands, and wireless carrier installation commitments. In addition to this, the report also includes projections each for 5G wireless system subscriptions and investments.
Considering the surge in use of technology, and mobile usage, the 5G wireless ecosystem is a pioneering paradigm shift in wireless networking to reinforce the latency, output, and scalability needs for potential use like connectivity management for billions of M2M (Machine to Machine) devices and intense bandwidth amplified reality applications.
The 5G wireless ecosystem industry is expected to exhibit growth in the near future owing to the initiatives taken by national, regional governments, as well as network providers and wireless carriers. Mobile operators and vendors have already started focusing on research and development of 5G. This next evolution is mobile networking which is likely to offer a sole network surrounding to offer mobile broadband and IoT services as well as innovative additions of cloud robotics, self-driving cars, remote surgery, 3D holographic telepresence and lots more.
Though the 3GPP and other Standards Development Organizations (SDOs) are engaged in defining the 1st phase of 5G specifications, there is a rush in mobile operators to be the first to offer 5G services. Pre-standards 5G network rollouts are already in progress, most remarkably in the South Korea and the United States. Pre-standards 5G network investments are projected to surpass $250 Million by the end of 2017.
The 363-page research report is aided with a datasheet suite offering quantitative data from all numeric estimations covered in the report. This report offers an in-depth evaluation of the 5G wireless ecosystem industry spread across various geographical markets and sub-segments including Latin and Central America, North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, APAC, and Africa and the Middle East.
- In-depth overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the 5G wireless ecosystem industry
- Detailed market segmentation on the basis of application, geography, and region
- Current industry scenario, trends, technologies and development
- Historical data and market size estimation in terms of value and volume
- Competitive scenario and profiles of key market participants
- Business strategies and product offerings
- Potential and niche regions and segments exhibiting growth prospects for the predicted time frame
This study-based research report provides detailed discussions on 5G New Radio (NR) and Next Generation (NextGen) system architecture, along with 5G requirements and usage scenarios. It also throws light on the key enabling technologies like higher frequency radio access, air interface design, flexible duplex schemes, advanced antenna systems, dynamic spectrum access, D2D (Device-to-Device) connectivity, self-backhauling and network slicing. The report also features competitive assessment of vendor strategies and includes the review of investments in R&D and pre-standards 5Gnetworks forecasts till 2030.
Market forecasts are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
5G R&D Investments
- New Air Interface and Millimeter Wave Radio Access
- MIMO, Beamforming and Advanced Antenna Technologies
- Spectrum Sharing, Aggregation and Interference Management
- Virtualization and Cloud RAN
- Network Slicing and Other Technologies
Pre-Standards 5G Network Investments
- Pre-Standards Base Stations
- Pre-Standards User Equipment
- Transport Networking and Other Investments
Standardized 5G Infrastructure Investments
- 5G NR (New Radio)
- Distributed Macrocell Base Stations
- Small Cells
- RRHs (Remote Radio Heads)
- C-RAN BBUs (Baseband Units)
- NextGen (Next Generation) Core Network
- Fronthaul and Backhaul Networking
Standardized 5G User Equipment Investments
- Embedded IoT Modules
- USB Dongles
5G Operator Services
- Service Revenue
Key Questions Answered
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
- How big is the opportunity for 5G network infrastructure, user equipment and operator services?
- What trends, challenges and barriers will influence the development and adoption of 5G?
- How will 5G drive the adoption of AR (Augmented Reality)/VR (Virtual Reality) applications such as 3D holographic telepresence and 360 degree streaming of live events?
- How have advanced antenna and chip technologies made it possible to utilize millimeter wave spectrum for mobile communications in 5G networks?
- How can non-orthogonal multiple access schemes such as RSMA (Resource Spread Multiple Access) enable 5G networks to support higher connection densities for Millions of IoT devices?
- What will be the number of 5G subscriptions in 2019 and at what rate will it grow?
- Which regions and countries will be the first to adopt 5G?
- Which frequency bands are most likely to be utilized by 5G networks?
- Who are the key 5G vendors and what are their strategies?
- Will 5G networks rely on a disaggregated RAN architecture?
- How will 5G impact the fiber industry?
- Will satellite communications and aerial networking platforms play a wider role in 5G networks?
The report has the following key findings:
- The Unites States and South Korea are spearheading early investments in pre-standards 5G trial networks, as mobile operators rush to be the first to offer 5G networks. Research estimates that by the end of 2017, pre-standards 5G network investments are expected to account for over $250 Million.
- Following completion of the 3GPP's first phase of 5G specifications in March 2018, SNS Research expects that early adopters across the globe will simultaneously begin commercializing 5G services in 2019.
- Between 2019 and 2025, we expect the 5G network infrastructure market to aggressively grow at a CAGR of nearly 70%, eventually accounting for $28 billion in annual spending by the end of 2025.
- Although early 5G R&D investments have primarily targeted the radio access segment, network-slicing has recently emerged as necessary 'end-to-end' capability to guarantee performance for different 5G applications which may have contrasting requirements.
- In order to support diverse usage scenarios, 5G networks are expected to utilize a variety of frequency bands ranging from established sub-6 GHz cellular bands to millimeter wave spectrum.
About Market Reports Center:
Market Reports Center is an e-commerce platform obliging the needs of knowledge workers, experts, professionals who are subject to market research information for their work, or to make strategic business decisions. We are dedicated to create a comprehensive offering of market research which is accurate, credible and affordable.
Market Reports Center currently has more than 4,00,000 plus titles and 50+ publishers on our platform and growing consistently. We cover more than 35 industry verticals being: Automotive, Electronics, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, Chemicals, Construction, Agriculture, Food, Beverages, Banking & Finance, Media and Government, Public Sector Studies.
Connect for more details: Sam Collins Market Reports Center 1-646-883-3044 (US) Email: [email protected]