DUBLIN, June 3, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Flight Simulator Market by Platform (Commercial (NBA, WBA, VLA), Military (Helicopters, Combat, Special Mission Aircraft), UAV), Type (FFS, FTD, FMS, FBS), Training (Virtual, Line), Solution (Product and Service), Region - Global Forecast to 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The flight simulator market size is projected to grow from USD 5.7 billion in 2019 to USD 7.7 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period.
The market is driven by various factors, such as the rising demand for commercial pilots to meet growing fleet sizes, adoption of virtual training to ensure aviation safety, and the need for cost-cutting on pilot training. However, the longer product lifecycle and lack of interoperability are limiting the overall growth of the market.
Based on type, the Full Flight Simulators (FFS) market is estimated to account for the largest share of the flight simulator market in 2019
Based on type, the Full Flight Simulators (FFS) market is estimated to account for the largest share of the flight simulator market in 2019. The FFS segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period because these simulators have navigation and flight control systems on a motion platform and can also be used for both, primary and regular training.
Based on solution, the products segment estimated to account for the major market share in 2019
Flight simulator hardware is designed to integrate with fixed or mobile platforms. This enables flight simulators to be more user-friendly. Also, rise in the demand for sophisticated and modern flight simulator hardware components is expected to drive the demand for the products segment, which is, in turn, is driving the demand in the flight simulator market.
Continual upgrade of hardware components from different pilot training institutes is another factor driving the growth of the products segment
North America estimated to account for the largest share of the flight simulator market in 2019 North America has the highest simulator utilization rate. High demand for air travel, which is the major reason behind the increased need for pilot training, is expected to boost the flight simulator market. Also, the presence of OEMs in the region is also supporting the growth of the market in North America. OEMs in the region are partnering with airlines to secure their market positions within the North America region, thereby leading the North America region.
The leading simulator manufacturers are majorly from North America, namely, CAE Inc. (Canada), L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. (US), FlightSafety International (US), and Boeing (US).
- Growing Demand for Pilots in the Aviation Industry
- Acceptance of Virtual Pilot Training to Ensure Aviation Safety
- Need to Reduce Cost of Pilot Training
- Longer Product Lifecycle
- Lack of Interoperability
- Development of Simulators for Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)
- Technological Advancements
- Flight Simulators for Air Accident Investigation
- Difficulties By Manufacturers in Keeping Pace With Advancements in the Aviation Industry
- Mapping of Key Simulator Manufacturers and Their Core Competency Areas
- Classification of Airborne Simulation Systems Based on Their Application Areas and Training Purposes
- Full Combat and Mission Training in A Dome Trainer Environment
- Night Vision Training Systems
- Real-Time Computer Image Generation
- Optimal Motion-Cueing Technology
- Reconfigurable Flight Simulation and Training
Technology Use Cases for Flight Simulators
- Smart Simulation With Digital Twin
- Simulation in IoT
- Importance of Simulation in IoT
- Functions of Simulation in IoT
- Smart Simulation With Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR)
- Airbus Group N.V.
- Avion Group
- CAE, Inc.
- Collins Aerospace
- Elite Simulation Solutions
- Flightsafety International
- Frasca International, Inc.
- Indra Sistemas Sa
- L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc.
- Precision Flight Controls, Inc.
- SIMCOM Aviation Training
- Thales Group
- The Boeing Company
- The Raytheon Company
- TRU Simulation + Training
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/90hn7t
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets