SAN DIEGO, Aug. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- There are 7 steps to selling your home for top dollar this summer, says Joy Bender, luxury real estate agent at San Diego-based Pacific Sotheby's International Realty. Bender recently sold a record breaking price per square foot home in the Woods Cove enclave of Laguna Beach. Below are Bender's seven steps for a quick and high priced trade, part of her home selling marketing proposal.
- Conduct a walk through to identify visible handyman repairs. Items to look for include weep screed stucco repairs, broken seals on windows, missing or cracked tiles, deteriorated caulk, and wood rot on balconies and fences.
- Identify interior cosmetic wear and tear such as gouges on baseboards, marks and scuffs on walls, missing or burned out light bulbs, and obstructive window treatments.
- Send extra furniture, personal items, and photos to storage which will make rooms look more spacious.
- Depersonalization of cultural, religious artwork, and decorative accessories help make the home appeal to all prospective buyers.
- Accessorize with pops of color, candles, and small luxury items while using existing furniture if you don't have a budget for a professional stager.
- Professional high end photography is essential to an effective marketing plan because over 90% of all buyers view real estate online first. Aerial video showing proximity to a beach or golf course help sell location. An interior video commercial sells the lifestyle of the property.
- Pre-launch marketing is an often overlooked stage as sellers and realtors rush to go live. A Zillow coming soon period of five to ten days in combination with direct mail and social media gives a listing pre market buzz, setting the stage for a multiple offer or full ask result.
"Record breaking sales don't happen without executing a defined marketing plan." Bender said "Cutting corners can adversely affect your bottom line."
Joy Bender is a top grossing agent with Pacific Sotheby's International Realty, specializing in San Diego's luxury real estate market. Named on the 2015 list of the top real estate professionals in the nation (out of 1,100,000 licensed REALTORS®) as reported by Real Trends and published by The Wall Street Journal #49 Nationwide-Average Sales Price.
SOURCE Joy Bender - Pacific Sotheby’s