The comfort level with gas drives American's views on electric cars, a Reportlinker Insight survey says.
NEW YORK, Sept. 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Recent Electric Vehicles Market updates
1. The White House wishes a greater electric car adoption, announcing actions to stimulate the network of plug-in electric vehicle market (US$4.5 billion in loan - July 21st 2016
2. Elon Musk announced Tesla release the first battery to go beyond 300 miles (August 23 2016)
3. Global hybrid and electric vehicles market expected to skyrocket in 2020 (August 2016, source MarketLine, Markets & Markets, Reportlinker)
Reportlinker Insight published a survey to answer 3 questions :
1. Does this indicate a promising future for electric cars?
2. Do consumers view electric cars as a better longer-term alternative to traditionally fueled cars, and if so, are they willing to pay more for them?
3. If not, what's holding them back?
1. The results shows few Americans are interested in buying an electric vehicle today.
2. And while they are divided about whether EVs offer real benefits, the data indicate both brand awareness and knowledge about how the vehicles work is low.
3. The data also show Millennials view EVs more favorably than the rest of the population, making them a promising new market for automakers.
Read the full report here :
Download Creative Common Licensed Infographics to illustrate your article here :
Global hybrid and electric vehicles market expected to skyrocket….in 2020
Mass adoption of the EV is not likely to happen yet
Tesla is aEV brand noticed by Millennials
The recharging infrastructure is a notable barrier
Gas fueled Vehicles or Electric Vehicles?
Millennials aremore reluctant to own a car
Toyota and Tesla most associated with EVs
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to receive the raw data.
About Reportlinker Insight
Reportlinker Insight combines analysis and exclusive investigations.
We cover innovations, social and economics megatrends to understand the world of tomorrow.
Contact Nicolas Bombourg : email@example.com
T: +33 437 651 706
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/81-of-americans-are-not-ready-yet-to-buy-an-electric-vehicle-300322566.html