DUBLIN, April 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Black Swan Events9 Outrageous Predictions for 2016 and their Impact on Top Pump Companies" report to their offering.
In 2015, the price of crude oil, which was expected to stay above $100 per barrel for the next 5 years, nose-dived and is currently trading around $30 a barrel. This year, Donald Trump, who was dismissed as a complete outsider and someone who would not even stay in the race for US President, is a leading candidate. Although there are ample examples of volatility and unknown risks like the above, companies are still trying to apply existing forecasting analyses to develop short-term strategies. Caught in herd mentality, pump manufacturers often fail to see major events and get caught in reactionary mode. This research analyses 9 such extreme events and their possible impact on pump manufacturers.
- Although there are ample examples of volatility and unknown risks like below, companies are still trying to apply existing forecasting analyses to develop short-term strategies.
- Nassim Taleb, author of The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable, has pointed out the failure in current forecasting analyses. He terms events like these as Black Swan Events that follow 3 major attributes: rarity, extreme impact, and retrospective predictability.
- While most pump manufacturers forecast based on the assumption of expecting more of the same, anything but the same has occurred. This study looks at such extreme events and their possible impact on pump manufacturers.
- For example, many companies were caught unaware in the 2009 recession. Pump manufacturers tried right-sizing and production cuts. Many pump manufacturers were then unable to take advantage of the bonanza.
- In this analysis, possible Black Swan Events that could affect the pumps market and the impact of these events on the top-10 pump companies are examined.
- Strong dollar, weak everything else
- The Russian bear has a bull run
- Will the Olympic spirit lift Brazil?
- US political uncertainty
- Oil: Will Iran finally break OPEC's silence?
- Too many interest rate hikes spoil the economy
- China does a somersault
- Extreme weather impact
- App start-up crash pulls the market down
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
2. Market Overview - Black Swan Event - The Impact of the Highly Improbable - Black Swan Events - Strong Dollar, Weak Everything Else - The Russian Bear has a Bull Run - Will the Olympic Spirit Lift Brazil? - US Political Uncertainty - Oil at $100 - Will Iran Finally Break OPEC's Silence? - Too Many Interest Rate Hikes Spoil the Economy - China Does a Somersault - Extreme Weather Impact - App Start-up Crash Pulls the Market Down - Impact on Top 10 Pump Manufacturers - Legal Disclaimer
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dmvzsd/black_swan
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/9-outrageous-predictions-for-2016-and-their-impact-on-top-pump-companies---can-oil-hit-big-and-the-us-economy-flounder-if-so-how-will-it-impact-pump-companies----research-and-markets-300255311.html
SOURCE Research and Markets