NEW YORK, April 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Online reviews have increasingly developed the past few years and ReportLinker conducted a survey to answer three questions:
● Do people trust online reviews more than their friends?
● Do they read reviews before buying a product or visiting a place?
● What items or activities are the most reviewed online?
Key results show that:
● 98% believe online reviews are somewhat reliable
● And 59% of shoppers believe online reviews are equally as trustworthy as a review provided by a friend
Consumers choose different online review sites depending on the product or service being researched:
● When looking for a good restaurant, consumers head to Yelp 53% of the time
● But for those looking for product reviews Amazon and eBay top the list, with each mentioned 57% of the time.
By far the most popular category of online reviews is electronics with 71% of mentions
● Hotel and restaurant reviews are the next most-popular searches (53% and 52%)
● Followed by automobiles, entertainment and clothing, beauty and personal care product reviews.
Despite an extensive reliance on these online evaluations, only 51% of online shoppers say they take the time to write them.
To see all the survey results click here.
Please let me know if you would like to receive infographics on the topic.
T: +1 347 903 1913
About Reportlinker Insight:
Reportlinker Insight combines analysis and exclusive investigations. We cover innovations, social and economics megatrends to understand the world of tomorrow. For more information, please visit http://www.reportlinker.com/insight/.