Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee Sponsors Leading Conference to Feature Numerous Leaders in Tech Industry
WASHINGTON, Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee, a Washington, D.C.-based organization working to educate the Congress and the public about important Internet-related policy issues, will host the 9th Annual State of the Net Conference on January 22-23, 2013 at the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill. This widely attended event provides opportunities to network and engage in key information technology policy issues and offers a balanced blend of academics, consumer groups, industry, and government.
This year's conference will feature a keynote luncheon discussion between Travis Kalanick, CEO & Co-Founder, Uber, and Congressman Bob Goodlatte (R-VA), Co-Chair, Congressional Internet Caucus. The conference will also host in-depth discussions with leading Internet policy experts and panel tracks focusing on timely topics such as:
- Congress as NetMusic's DJ: Is It Spinning the Turntables in the Right Direction for Innovation and Creativity?
- Plumbing the Policy Implications of Data Analytics and Defining "Big Data," the Year's Most Overused Term
- Should Congress Rewrite the Telecom Act?
- Big Broadband: What Happens When the Psychology of Abundance Confronts Both the Economics of Deployment and the Rules of Regulators?
- First Sale and No Resale: Could SCOTUS and the Internet Redefine Content Ownership?
- Post-Petraeus: Privacy, Passion, Probable Cause?
- No Rest for the WCIT: Charting An Affirmative Plan to Safeguarding Internet Freedom!
- Cyber Security Legislation, Regulation and Executive Order: Government Officials Discuss
And more still to be announced...
You can register for the conference at http://www.netcaucus.org/conference/2013/.
Attendance is complimentary for media. Additional speakers and keynotes are being confirmed on a rolling basis to assure a balanced assortment of perspectives.
What: 9th Annual State of the Net Conference
When: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Tuesday, January 22, 2013
1:30 PM – 4:00 PM, Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Where: Hyatt Regency, Capitol Hill
400 New Jersey Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Twitter: Follow the conference on Twitter - @NetCaucusAC #SOTN
The State of the Net Conference is the largest information technology policy conference in the United States, attracting over 600 attendees annually. As a leader in technology policy, the conference will address policy issues that will challenge the Administration and Policymakers in the next session of Congress. This year, the State of the Net Conference will dedicate a half-day symposium to the leadership challenges of restoring America to greatness through sound Internet Policy on Wednesday, January 23, 2013.
About the Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee:
The Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee is a diverse group of public interest, non-profit and industry groups working to educate the Congress and the public about important Internet-related policy issues. The group seeks to promote the growth and advancement of the Internet, provide a bicameral, bipartisan forum for Internet concerns to be raised, while promoting the education of internet-related issues. More information can be found at http://www.netcaucus.org. Follow the Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee on Twitter (@NetCaucusAC), Facebook and Google+.
SOURCE Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee