NEW YORK, July 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
ACI Association has initiated research coverage on Micron Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ : MU ). Select highlights from the internally released reports are being made available to the general public (included below), with access to the entirety of the research available to new members.
Today, membership is open to readers on a complementary basis at the following URL: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=MU
Highlights from our MU Report include:
- Advancing Technologically - On July 14, 2015, Micron Technology, Inc. announced a new encryption-enhanced solid state drive (SSD) for read-centric data center workloads, accelerating the transition from legacy hard disk drives (HDDs) to higher-performance flash-based storage. The news came before market hours, and led to a sharp opening in share prices on Tuesday morning. Micron's stock opened at $19.79, 12.4% above its previous day's closing price of $17.61.
- Important Innovation for the Highly Scrutinized Industries - Micron informed that its M510DC combines a suite of firmware data protection features with the market's first true TCG Enterprise-level data encryption for SSDs-a capability that is of paramount importance to the highly scrutinized medical, banking and government industries.
- A New Opportunity for Customers - While early enterprise SSD deployments focused on high-endurance drives, data from Greg Wong, founder and principal analyst at Forward Insights, reveals that two-thirds of today's newly optimized data center SSD purchases require one drive fill per day or less. These market changes, according to the Company, create a distinct opportunity for customers to focus on a cost-optimized SSD like the M510DC.
- Immediate Return on Investment: The Company stated that the early adopters of the M510DC have seen immediate return on investment (ROI) after deploying Micron's M510DC SSD. The M510DC excelled in decreasing radiologist image load times from 15 seconds to virtually instantaneously for the MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets, Micron said. This increase in productivity for radiologists is projected to save time and improve MedVet's revenue and bottom line by hundreds of thousands of dollars over the life of the M510DC server deployment.
- Immense Data Protection & Other Exquisite Features - The M510DC is built with Micron's 16nm NAND technology using targeted enterprise-ready firmware. The drive features Micron's eXtended Performance and Enhanced Reliability Technology (XPERT) architecture, which delivers proprietary enhancements that greatly improve performance, drive life and integrity.
To find out how this influences our rating on Image Sensing Systems, Inc., read the full report in its entirely here: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=MU
About ACI Association:
Active Charter Investors Association ("ACI Association") produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and micro-cap stocks. ACI Association has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
ACI Association has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third party research service company (the "Reviewer"). Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charter holder (the "CFA®"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on sound investment judgment and publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. The Reviewer and the CFA® have not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author, the Reviewer, or the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Production Team") in any way. The Production Team is compensated on a fixed monthly basis and do not hold any positions of interest in any of the securities mentioned herein.
ACI Association, the Author, the Reviewer and the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Publishers") are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by the Publishers whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. The Publishers expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, the Publishers do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither ACI Association nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://www.aciassociation.com/.
ACI Association is not available to residents of Belarus, Cuba, Canada, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Somalia. Do not send email to robottrap (at) aciassociation.com.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.