HOUSTON, June 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Virtual-Q Texas Inc., today announced the general availability of the 'Q', a new hosted desktop solution that enables organizations to significantly reduce their computing overhead and the costs associated with individual user workstations – including application delivery. The 'Q' is a high-performance hosted desktop solution that has essentially surpassed the present Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) technology by eliminating problems related to the increased cost and complexity of additional virtualization hardware and software; custom applications; multiple o/s platforms; disaster recovery; and USB/printer support.
Now available, the 'Q' uniquely delivers fully managed and secure hosted desktop environments, while seamlessly maximizing system performance/capacity as application needs change. Organizations of any size who wish to leverage desktop virtualization with the 'Q' will realize the following features and benefits:
- Transforms costly IT capital investments into a manageable monthly operating expense
- Includes Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010, anti-virus software, and eliminates the need for costly enterprise software license agreements
- Provides daily backups and 80GB storage per desktop - allocated individually or across the enterprise at no additional fees
- Increases your return on investment related to IT expenses (personnel, equipment, and software), facilities use, energy consumption, user downtime (during transition and following), and security risk
- Supports existing user and custom applications – on any Windows or Linux platform
- Customizable user experience, with high levels of consistency, reliability, and uniformity (e.g., no disruptions due to software upgrades, virus infections, non-responsive applications, or frozen screens)
- Delivers transparent user transitions - with minimal training or preparation required
- Eliminates the need for costly hardware refresh or upgrades - supports PC, Mac, Thin-client, Smartphone, iPhone and iPad devices
- Allows full use of existing peripherals (e.g., printers, scanners, etc.) through any internet accessible device
- Reduces security risk and the cost and complexity to meet compliance mandates
"As a growing number of organizations look for ways to improve IT efficiency and reduce management complexity of their growing desktop environments, the 'Q' is perfectly architected to provide the essential infrastructure to address the evolving demands of desktop virtualization," said Robert Hilliker, CEO, Virtual-Q Texas.
Pricing and Availability
The 'Q' is available immediately and pricing begins at $99 USD per user desktop per month.
Virtual-Q helps companies reduce their total cost of ownership, increase business continuity, improve security and compliance, and leverage their existing IT investments. The Q's proprietary technology defines a new industry platform for Computing-as-a-Service (CaaS) providing unparalleled performance improvement to any client computing platform and prolonging the life of existing desktop or laptop devices. Virtual-Q delivers desktop virtualization beyond VDI with improved end-user computing experience using the latest Microsoft Operating System and Office Suite technology. Virtual-Q partners with the leading technology vendors and is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner. For additional information, visit www.virtual-q.com.