CHICAGO, March 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- ICAP Ocean Tomo announces the auction of pavement display advertising technology. Developed by inventor Michael G. Todd, the technology of the patent portfolio aims to effectively captivate pedestrians by positioning digital display screens on sidewalks and footpaths. The patent portfolio will be available at the upcoming ICAP Ocean Tomo Spring 2011 Live IP Auction March 31st in New York.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This patent discloses the following:
- A new medium for displaying street advertising - Pavement Advertising.
- Each screen is protected from damage, most likely by a hard plastic component.
- The screens will be surrounded by an advanced form of sensory light that will function as a "light up" device for nighttime pedestrian safety, and more specifically, to successfully display the featured advertisement after dark.
- The light up device will be censored by a control rim around the perimeter of the plasma or LCD screen.
- The light sensors will activate as a pedestrian approaches, keeping the advertisement lit up long enough for the pedestrian to observe the displayed content.
- Additionally, a solar powered panel positioned on the surface of the pavement advertisement may function as the device's form of energy, charging during daylight hours and accumulating enough power to flash the screen on and off during non-daylight hours.
- A general electricity main, with microchip computer software, will be placed beneath the pavement in order to control and change the advertisement, and signal back to the advertiser's main control room.
- A battery cell, cabling wires, inputs and switches will be found next to the electricity main, giving control room personnel full access to all features of the apparatus.
Municipalities and real estate developers are continually looking for the additional revenue that place-based display advertising can deliver.
- The Digital Place-based Advertising Association (DPAA) announced that advertising revenue in the digital place-based sector is estimated to already be in excess of $1 billion.(1)
- Accordingly, this lot should be of interest to entities involved in public displays and advertisements.
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Ocean Tomo at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
ICAP Ocean Tomo is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world's premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo