TEL AVIV, Israel, January 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
'The high LTV users are only on iOS' is so 2014.
According to DAU-UP, a gamer acquisition solution for mobile and social game developers including Playtika, Social Point and Plarium, Average Revenue Per User (ARPU) for Android games is now nearly equal to the ARPU for iOS games.
ARPU for Android games increased from 25% of the ARPU of iOS games in Q1 2014 to approximately 65% of the ARPU of iOS games now, a greater than 100% increase in the Lifetime Value (LTV) of Android users. When factoring the media costs, which are 20-50% lower for acquiring players on Android devices, the ROI for players of Android Games is now equal to or sometimes better than iOS games.
So what happened to Android games in 2014? A range of factors have come together to create stronger revenue streams in the Android market, including:
- Improvement in the quality of Android devices has resulted in more mid-core and hard-core gamers switching to the more powerful Android devices
- Advancements in the quality, user interface and system stability of the Android OS
- Trend of early adopters migrating to Android smartphones
- Continued growth for Android smartphones among mid-adopters, the largest and biggest spending segment of gamers
- Stronger Android growth in emerging Latin American and Asia - Pacific markets
- Greater / earlier resource allocation for Android games by game developers with some even developing 'Android First' instead of the previous 'iOS First'
"With the growth in Android LTV, and the competitive ROI compared to iOS, we're investing additional resources in our games on the Android OS," said Ofer Kinberg, EVP Slotomania at Playtika.
"After years of being the unwanted step child, Android is having its Cinderella moment, as game developers are increasing their Android development resources to meet the growth in Android revenue," said Idan Nizri, CEO & Founder, DAU-UP. "We're hearing more and more developers developing games 'Android First'. I have no doubt that game developers will invest more time, effort and resources in Android in 2015."
DAU-UP, part of the XLMedia PLC, offers a comprehensive user acquisition solution for Mobile & Social game developers. Through the company's unique methodological approach and cutting-edge proprietary technology tailored to the gaming industry, DAU-UP matches players and games with precision. For more about DAU-UP, please visit: http://www.dauup.com.