NEW YORK, July 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
ACI Association has initiated research coverage on Bank of America Corporation (NYSE: BAC). Select highlights from the internally released reports are being made available to the general public (included below), with access to the entirety of the research available to new members.
Today, membership is open to readers on a complementary basis at the following URL: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=BAC
Highlights from our BAC Report include:
- Investors Cheer a Solid Quarter - Many investors may have assumed that Bank of America's (BOA) ability to improve its results would depend on a more favorable interest-rate environment, but its second-quarter results on Wednesday Morning, July 15, 2015, appeared to demonstrate that it can make progress even otherwise, stated an article on WSJ. Diluted EPS more than doubled to $0.45, from $0.19 reported in the corresponding quarter last year, and significantly higher than the previous quarter EPS of $0.27. Share prices closed up 3.21% on Wednesday.
- Continued Business Momentum - Consumer Banking Deposits (EOP) were up 6% YoY to $547 billion, while global banking loan balances (EOP) were up 7% YoY to $307 billion. Residential mortgage and home equity loan originations were up by a solid 40% YoY to $19.2 billion. Further, BOA issued 1.3 million credit cards during the quarter, recording the highest level since Q3 2008.
- Sustained Progress on Expense Management - Noninterest expense, excluding litigation was down 6% YoY to $13.6 billion, while legacy assets and servicing noninterest expense, excluding litigation, decreased 37% YoY to $0.9 billion.
- Strong Credit Quality & Impressive Returns: BOA informed that the number of 60 plus days delinquent first mortgage loans serviced by Legacy Assets and Servicing declined 50% YoY to 132,000 Loans. Also, return on common equity rose to 8.75% from 3.68% a year ago, the second-best return since Brian Moynihan became chief executive in 2010, according to WSJ.
- Record Capital Levels and Healthy Liquidity Positions - The Common equity tier 1 capital ratio under the Basel 3 Standardized Transition approach was 11.2% at June 30, 2015 and 11.1% at March 31, 2015. At June 30, 2015, the estimated supplementary leverage ratio (SLR)(N) for the Bank Holding Company was approximately 6.3%, which exceeded the 5.0% minimum for bank holding companies, and the estimated SLR for the company's primary banking entity was approximately 7.0% at June 30, 2015, which exceeded the 6.0% "well capitalized" level.
To find out how this influences our rating on Bank of America Corporation, read the full report in its entirely here: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=BAC
About ACI Association:
Active Charter Investors Association ("ACI Association") produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and micro-cap stocks. ACI Association has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
ACI Association has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third party research service company (the "Reviewer"). Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charter holder (the "CFA®"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on sound investment judgment and publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. The Reviewer and the CFA® have not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author, the Reviewer, or the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Production Team") in any way. The Production Team is compensated on a fixed monthly basis and do not hold any positions of interest in any of the securities mentioned herein.
ACI Association, the Author, the Reviewer and the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Publishers") are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by the Publishers whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. The Publishers expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, the Publishers do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither ACI Association nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://www.aciassociation.com/.
ACI Association is not available to residents of Belarus, Cuba, Canada, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Somalia. Do not send email to robottrap (at) aciassociation.com.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.