CHICAGO, Sept. 20, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Aimee Daramus, Psy.D., clinical psychologist, has been quoted on topics related to mental illness in Bustle, HuffPost, wellandgood.com, Mic.com, and several other media outlets. On Sept. 15, 2020, Callisto Press released her first book, Understanding Bipolar Disorder: The Essential Family Guide. Unlike most guides to bipolar disorder, this one focuses on the needs of the family members of people with bipolar and includes:
- Understandable descriptions of the science behind bipolar disorder
- Actionable tips for communicating, handling emergencies, tracking moods and symptoms, and putting together the right treatment team for the whole family
- How outcomes in bipolar treatment are affected by family conflict
- Therapy and support options for exhausted, frustrated family members
- Special topics and examples to show the different experiences of children, teens, people on the LGBTQ spectrum, and people of color
Understanding Bipolar Disorder is rated 4.8/5 stars on Amazon's Customer Reviews. Quotations from the reviews include:
"If you have questions Dr. Daramus provides the answers. By the end of the book, the reader will have a mini education and the tools to navigate this difficult disorder."
"Aimee introduces this mental illness in such a manner that does not stigmatize individuals with bipolar and provides hope for a happy life with a diagnosis."
"Literally within minutes of cracking the virtual covers, my knowledge of bipolar disorder grew a great deal, including the dispelling of some less-than-accurate beliefs I'd held."
Understanding Bipolar Disorder: The Essential Family Guide is available at Amazon
(https://www.amazon.com/dp/1647390001), Barnes and Noble, Barbara's Bookstore, and Bookshop.
Understanding Bipolar Disorder
Cover photo of Understanding Bipolar Disorder: The Essential Family Guide, by Aimee Daramus, Psy.D.
SOURCE Aimee Daramus, Psy.D.