WASHINGTON, April 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ABBTECH Professional Resources, Inc. (ABBTECH), a professional staffing company, is celebrating its 20th anniversary!
In 1992, Kathleen C. Baker, Robert W. Baker and Lawrence M. Brady decided to use their experience, knowledge and relationship skills to create a unique company that provided job opportunities to candidates and top talent to clients in the Washington, DC area.
The operation and business has expanded and grown into a family owned, nationally recognized, award winning, multi-million dollar company that continues to follow its core competencies.
"We've seen our share of successes over the past 20 years and I feel we've made sound business decisions, worked with exceptional customers and placed hundreds of candidates in meaningful positions," said Lawrence M. Brady, COO and Founder.
Some highlights of the past 20 years include:
- Nominated for Small Business of the Year by the Treasury Department
- ABBTECH employee named by the American Staffing Association as National Staffing Employee of the Year
- Named top Diversity Firm by Staffing Industry Analyst (www.staffingindustry.com)
- Prime contractor to many government agencies
- Selected a subcontractor to many prime contractors.
- Selected as teaming partner on many government contract initiatives.
- One of the first staffing companies to win not one but two, GSA Schedules
- One of, if not the only, staffing companies to have HSPD12 on their GSA Schedule 70
- Multi-year winner of 50 Fastest Growing Companies in the Washington Area presented by The Washington Business Journal (www.bizjournals.com/washington).
- Multi-year, multi-category winner in the Annual Washington Business Journal's Book of Lists
- Multi-year, multi-category Diversity Business (www.diversitybusiness.com) award winner.
- Multi-year Smart CEO (www.smartceo.com) Future 50 winner.
- Semi-finalist in the Annual Greater Washington Government Contractor Award (www.fairfaxchamber.org).
Clients and job seekers have many staffing agencies to choose from and ABBTECH has stood the test of time by offering the best service at a reasonable cost. In addition Robert W. Baker, CFO and Founder says, "We will continue to serve our clients and employees with the highest levels of quality services with fairness, honesty, integrity and excellence."
In addition to the services they provide, ABBTECH feels strongly about being a member and actively participating in associations that help promote the staffing industry. Some of these associations include:
- The American Staffing Association (ASA) (www.americanstaffingassociation.net)
- The Staffing Industry Analyst (www.staffingindustry.com)
- TechServe Alliance (www.techservealliance.org)
Threase A. Baker, President and an owner of ABBTECH is currently serving a three year term on the Board of Directors of ASA and co-chairs the ASA Education Committee. In addition she participates as a board member in the local chapters of the associations.
ABBTECH's CEO and Founder, Kathleen C. Baker, captures the first 20 years by saying, "We're delighted to celebrate 20 amazing years in the staffing industry. We want to personally thank our employees and customers for their support and partnership and look ahead to another 20 rewarding years."
Incorporated in 1992, ABBTECH is a successful Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) with over half a century of cumulative work experience in the temporary/contract, temporary/contract to direct hire or direct placement services (also known as staff augmentation services). ABBTECH has a proven record of accomplishment with the private sector and US Government. ABBTECH prides itself in its ability to provide customers with flexible and quick staff augmentation solutions and support that includes customized reporting capabilities, budget management and specialized/proactive staffing plans for future projects. ABBTECH is dedicated to providing quality IT, Engineering, Administrative and Professional personnel to support US Government and commercial clients nationwide.