SAN JOSE, Calif., May 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Wearables developers can now immediately evaluate galvanic skin response (GSR) sensing with the MAXREFDES73# reference design from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM).
- Details for MAXREFDES73#: http://www.maximintegrated.com/en/products/MAXREFDES73
- MAXREFDES73# hi-res image: http://www.maximintegrated.com/en/company/newsroom/graphics/img/MAXREFDES73_Wasp_rgb.tif
- MAXREFDES73# schematic: http://www.maximintegrated.com/en/company/newsroom/graphics/img/MAXREFDES73_Wasp_schematic_rgb.tif
Applying GSR (measurement of skin's conductivity) is a challenge because designers need to manipulate several discrete chips and calibration software before completing the sensor design. The MAXREFDES73# integrates digital-to-analog (DAC) and analog-to-digital (ADC) converters, a microcontroller with advanced power management, firmware, and an easy-to-use Android® app into the industry's first GSR reference design. Now designers of wearables can save development and testing time, and quickly bring their mobile medical and fitness products to market. Offered in a wristband form factor, the MAXREFDES73# includes body surface temperature readings, Bluetooth® communications, and a rechargeable battery that lasts up to one week on a single charge.
- Fast time to market: integrates DAC and ADC signal chain components, low-power microcontroller, external Bluetooth and Android apps, and firmware components to quickly develop and test designs
- High accuracy: 16-bit integrated analog front-end (AFE)
- Low power consumption: operates for one week on one battery charge
- "We based MAXREFDES73# on our award-winning MAX32600 wellness microcontroller, and are giving wearables developers a highly integrated reference design," said Seth Messimer, Business Manager for Medical Microcontrollers at Maxim Integrated. "With all the integrated components, our customers are 80% done already, saving them design and evaluation time."
Availability and Pricing
- The MAXREFDES73# reference design is available for $189 at Maxim's website and select franchised distributors. Hardware and firmware design files, as well as test data, are provided free and available online.
- MAXREFDES73# complements Maxim's Wellness Platform: http://www.maximintegrated.com/Integrated-Healthcare
- For information on other reference designs, visit Maxim's Reference Design Center: http://www.maximintegrated.com/reference-design-center
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim is the leader in analog integration. From mobile to industrial solutions, we're making analog smaller, smarter, and more energy efficient. Learn more at http://www.maximintegrated.com.
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.