PRINCETON, N.J., June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Accelrys, Inc. (NASDAQ: ACCL), a leading provider of scientific innovation lifecycle management software, has announced the availability of Accelrys Discoverant 4.3, the latest version of its industry-leading Process Management Informatics application, during the 2013 Accelrys Process Management and Compliance (PMC) User Conference in Princeton, NJ. This latest Discoverant release offers significant Stability and Expiration Dating enhancements and other new capabilities that improve the ability of life sciences manufacturers and process development organizations to analyze and make decisions based on product stability test results.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/accelrys-discoverant-43-enhances-stability-analysis-and-expiration-dating-210022221.html
As a key application within the Accelrys Process Management and Compliance Suite of software products, Accelrys Discoverant is a powerful ad hoc investigational analysis environment combining flexible, on-demand data access, aggregation and contextualization technology with extensive analytical and reporting tools. Discoverant became part of the PMC Suite following Accelrys' acquisition of Aegis Analytical Corp. in October 2012. Many global drug manufacturers and their contract manufacturers use Accelrys Discoverant's data access, aggregation, contextualization, investigational analytics and reporting capabilities to improve process predictability and product quality.
"Accelrys Discoverant enables all manufacturing, process development and quality professionals in different locations to see and work with the same data so they can make better decisions supporting geographically dispersed operations," said Dr. Justin Neway, vice president and chief science officer, Accelrys (Analytical, Development, Quality and Manufacturing solutions). "By helping organizations correlate product stability outcomes with upstream process conditions, the Stability and Expiration Dating enhancements in Discoverant 4.3 add a new dimension to process understanding and underscore Accelrys' commitment to bio/pharma manufacturing."
Accelrys Discoverant 4.3 offers important product stability analysis, expiration dating and reporting enhancements developed in collaboration with Discoverant customers including:
- New Stability Out-of-Trend Alerting tool enables users to trend and receive alerts based on results from the current product stability study within the current batch and against historical results―reducing response times for correcting adverse quality outcome trends.
- New alerting capability in Stability Pooling and Expiration Dating allows users to monitor product stability test results by exception against confidence and/or prediction limits―eliminating non-value-adding tasks resulting from the need to review every trend report including those where no problems have occurred.
- Enhancements to other Stability and Expiration Dating tools provide more powerful analysis of product stability test results by removing statistically non-significant batches in Pooling and Expiration Dating analysis―reducing risks by providing the ability to make shelf life decisions based only on relevant data.
- New dynamic title settings in control charts and Stability and Expiration Dating tools provide more flexibility when configuring Automated Result Methods―improving the clarity and interpretability of analytical results.
- Additional table view capabilities permit multi-column sorting, searching and filtering of data, enhancing Discoverant's reporting and trending capabilities―enhancing the availability and flexibility of tabular displays for science-based decision-making.
About Accelrys, Inc.
Accelrys, Inc. (NASDAQ: ACCL), a leading provider of scientific innovation lifecycle management software, supports industries and organizations that rely on scientific innovation to differentiate themselves. The industry-leading Accelrys Enterprise Platform provides a broad and flexible scientific solution optimized to integrate the diversity of science, experimental processes and information requirements across the research, development, process scale-up and manufacturing phases of product development. By incorporating capabilities in applications for modeling and simulation, enterprise lab management, workflow and automation, and data management and informatics, Accelrys enables scientific innovators to access, organize, analyze and share data in unprecedented ways, ultimately enhancing innovation, improving productivity and compliance, reducing costs and speeding time from lab to market.
Accelrys solutions are used by more than 1,300 companies in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, energy, chemicals, aerospace, consumer packaged goods and industrial products industries. Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Accelrys employs more than 200 full-time PhD scientists. For more information about Accelrys, visit www.accelrys.com.
Videos: Accelrys Discoverant on YouTube
Datasheet: Accelerating process development for faster commercialization
Datasheet: Integrating data modeling with powerful analytics
Webpage: Process and Product Monitoring with Automated Alarms
Case Study: Accelrys Discoverant for Virtual Manufacturing Networks
Case Study: Implementing Process Intelligence at AstraZeneca
Follow Accelrys on Twitter
Friend Accelrys on Facebook
Accelrys' YouTube Channel
Connect with Accelrys on LinkedIn
SOURCE Accelrys, Inc.