PARSIPPANY, N.J., March 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Knowing what to eat when you have both type 2 diabetes and high LDL cholesterol can be tough, but now it's time to make good on your New Year's resolutions. To help adults with either or both of these chronic health conditions make healthy food choices the Two Reasons, One Recipe campaign features new recipes – such as a delicious baked apple and wild berry frozen fruit pops – as well as shopping and cooking tips developed by acclaimed chef and type 2 diabetes patient Franklin Becker.
Chef Becker and board-certified endocrinologist Dr. Yehuda Handelsman have teamed up with Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. to offer the following tips for adults with type 2 diabetes and high LDL cholesterol who are looking for advice to jumpstart their diets:
- Shopping – Buy fresh ingredients instead of frozen or canned goods whenever possible.
- Cooking – Use herbs, like garlic, ginger or oregano, to add a boost of flavor.
- Eating – At the dinner table, have a medium size plate that contains all the food you plan to eat, but is also balanced with healthy options like vegetables and not overloaded with foods that are high in carbohydrates and fat. Once you start eating, it's important to stay away from seconds. Following this system will help keep your meal and calories reasonable even during the most tempting family feast.
- Hosting – When it is your turn to host a party, make sure to have many healthy options, in particular fresh vegetables, so there is less room on the plate for dishes high in sugar or fat.
- Sleeping – It is easy to lose track of time when you're busy with family and loved ones. Be sure to get a full night's sleep so each new day you can start fresh.
For more tips and recipes, visit www.TwoReasonsOneRecipe.com.
What: Acclaimed chef and type 2 diabetes patient Franklin Becker shares new recipes, cooking and shopping tips for adults with type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol on www.TwoReasonsOneRecipe.com
When: Wednesday, March 9th, 9:00 AM ET
How: Simply access the address above to view
If you experience problems accessing the interactive player, send an E-mail to: email@example.com.
Copyright 2011, Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. all rights reserved: DSWC10001242.
SOURCE Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.