NEW YORK, Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Accordant Media (www.AccordantMedia.com) "Programmatic Media Market Pulse: Q4, 2013" report released today confirms that the exchange-traded media marketplace continued to grow at a 35% rate for 2013, though well off the 101% growth rate recorded in 2012. In addition, Accordant's research offers marketers specific insights about planning and optimizing RTB media as an effective, scalable digital advertising approach.
Highlights of the report include:
- Global volume of RTB ad inventory grew 35% in 2013, with Q4 up 37% vs. the prior year quarter and essentially flat vs. Q3, 2013 levels.
- Although auction volume in the United States grew 6%, the US's share of the total global RTB market shrunk from 47% to 36%. In the latest quarter, Japan and Brazil moved ahead of the UK, Germany, France and Canada to become the worlds number two and three markets, respectively. Russia, Turkey, Australia and Brazil were the fastest growing markets in Q4.
- For the second year in a row, media prices (CPMs) trended higher through the Holiday period as inventory supply tightened, a sign that sellers were able to commit more inventory to the upfront, guaranteed markets. For the entire quarter, pricing tracked flat vs. Q3.
- In Accordant's Q4 Spotlight research focused on ad viewability and the use of "in-view" ad engagement data, higher-priced inventory effectively yielded stronger ad engagement and campaign performance results.
- Among 2014 Programmatic trends to watch, Accordant highlights the broad evolution of programmatic media as becoming a strategic requirement for marketers, and the associated implications for participants across the ecosystem.
Accordant's information utilizes aggregated data sets to showcase year-over-year and quarter-over-quarter trends. In Q4, Accordant Media's programmatic media buying system bid on ad impressions across nearly 900,000 sites spanning display, video, mobile and social (Facebook FBX) inventory on behalf of leading marketing teams and media agencies.
"Clearly, the utility of programmatic media has advanced rapidly to become a required component in a successful digital marketing strategy," says Art Muldoon, Co-founder and CEO. "Throughout 2013, marketers and agencies alike tested a variety of audience-targeted data engines, tools, processes, tactics and channels to improve the performance, insights and scalability of their digital media. This activity has stimulated growth and demonstrated the value of data, technology and skilled experts to create value."
"The positive results our clients experienced in 2013 lead us to expect that 2014 will be another year of exceptional growth for both Accordant and the industry," added Matt Greitzer, Co-founder and COO. "Accordant's programmatic expertise and scalable systems offer our clients access to a fast growing, complex marketplace. Through our proprietary technologies, transparent optimization processes and expert team, Accordant delivers performance and insights. That combination is why advertisers are applying programmatic solutions to enhance a variety of audience-targeting opportunities."
For a copy of the full report, please contact: Info@AccordantMedia.com
About Accordant Media
Accordant Media is an independent, programmatic media-buying and optimization company that makes audience targeting and exchange-traded media simpler and more effective for leading marketing teams. Accordant's innovative system plus full-service, customized solutions help advertisers achieve targeted, efficient and scalable campaigns across paid display, video, mobile, social, email, in-stream audio and out-of-home channels. In addition, Accordant's powerful custom audience segmentation engine, Audience OpticsTM, drives integrated data, cross-channel audience insights, attribution modeling and dynamic inventory management to produce greater customer engagement and campaign results. Accordant's scale, execution, 100% transparency and cross-screen, cross-channel approach allows advertisers to unlock the full potential of programmatic media.
Co-founded by digital agency execs Art Muldoon and Matt Greitzer, Accordant Media is based in New York City with offices in San Francisco.
SOURCE Accordant Media